Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

3 minutes ago, Assegai said:

I took Steven Gerrard at face value when he said he was now a "two club man" and that hasn't changed.

Everyone knows his main goal is to be Liverpool manager and he’ll know if he gets top half finishes with Aston Villa then the Liverpool job is 100% his when Klopp goes, I don’t think he gets the LFC job without Prem experience unless they were desperate.

6 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

There has to be a contingency plan in place. I don't believe it'll be McAllister. He was brought in as a link between Gerrard and the Scottish game. I suppose its easy to put names that have a previous affiliation to us, McInnes, Van bronckhorst etc. But only time will tell because he will leave at some point. But I'd hope that a manager does come in that is not a backwards step and can help push us forward.

Got to hope that McInnes is nowhere near being considered. 

28 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its not unless Villa have some other candidates that nobody has a clue about.

Reports in Belgium say Martinez is not interested in returning to a club fighting relegation. Guess its up for interpretation if people believe Villa will be relegation candidates. 

I personally would be hugely surprised if Villa or Leeds are near a relegation fight come 30 games into the season. 

Wonder if Martinez wants one final go with Belgium at the WC next year? 

Ffs mate are you Roger Hannah in disguise :lol:

11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

That’s harsh on Puel to say he “failed”, he got Southampton to a League Cup final and finished 8th in the league.

Yeh fair point mate re: league cup final, but there’s more to it he kind of rode on the coattails of the Pochettino team a bit and he went something like 6/7 home games that season on the bounce without scoring a goal and the fans hated him. The football was dire. Even the final you mention they were 2 up and lost it. 

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Mad how you take Steven Gerrard at face value when nobody in football has any loyalty anymore in 2021 but you don't take the literally thousands of scientists at face value when they are talking about immunology

That's because the "thousands of scientists" can readily be demonstrated to be contradicting each other, the beauty of the scientific method is that there is no single scientific truth. And I choose to take individuals at face value, not groups.

Now fuck off and take your snarky pish back to the Covid thread.