*****Official Rangers v Hibs League Cup SF Match Thread*****

.Williamson.

4 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Done far more in a Rangers shirt than Patterson ever has.

Has he?

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m not sure they’ve beat us since that cup final, I think it’s 11 or 12 unbeaten against them. 

Hopefully that continues on Sunday. 

Twice in the 17/18 season.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m not sure they’ve beat us since that cup final, I think it’s 11 or 12 unbeaten against them. 

Hopefully that continues on Sunday. 

Did they not beat us at Ibrox under Pedro, the infamous Beaton game?

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Has he?

Twice in the 17/18 season.

He has played a more important role that Patterson who has been brought in largely when games have been won or Tav is injured. Bassey has earned his place in the team, put in better performances, contributed more to games I would say and helped out at centre half.

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

He has played a more important role that Patterson who has been brought in largely when games have been won or Tav is injured. Bassey has earned his place in the team, put in better performances, contributed more to games I would say and helped out at centre half.

Better performances and contributed more to games is a load of shite. When Patterson has played he’s been better at just about everything 

Helped out at centre back and apart from against Falkirk had an absolute shocker. Embarrassing against Sparta and managed to cause a goal against Ross County.

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Helped out? You don’t sound overly convinced by him 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

No he's not.

His standard of performance and contribution to the side has been better in my opinion, and in the opinion of the current manager of Aston Villa I would presume.

If Patterson wasn't Scottish he wouldn't get a a fraction of the attention and hype that he does.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

His standard of performance and contribution to the side has been better in my opinion, and in the opinion of the current manager of Aston Villa I would presume.

If Patterson wasn't Scottish he wouldn't get a a fraction of the attention and hype that he does.

No idea why you're presuming what Gerrard's opinion may or may not - although I'd love to hear what you've based that on.

The idea Patterson wouldn't get the hype he does if he wasn't Scottish would work if he wasn't being linked with moves to English clubs by the English media. Given Bassey would count towards English club's homegrown quotas in England - whereas Patterson doesn't - you'd think it would be Bassey who'd be getting the links to Everton etc?

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No idea why you're presuming what Gerrard's opinion may or may not - although I'd love to hear what you've based that on.

The idea Patterson wouldn't get the hype he does if he wasn't Scottish would work if he wasn't being linked with moves to English clubs by the English media. Given Bassey would count towards English club's homegrown quotas in England - whereas Patterson doesn't - you'd think it would be Bassey who'd be getting the links to Everton etc?

Linked by the media. Have any substantive bids been made?

I base it on the fact Bassey has been chosen to play for Rangers where as Patterson has only made stand in or  cameo appearances.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Linked by the media. Have any substantive bids been made?

I base it on the fact Bassey has been chosen to play for Rangers where as Patterson has only made stand in or  cameo appearances.

Yes. Everton made two bids.

So because Bassey started games in a different position to the one Patterson plays, Gerrard thinks he's a better player? That logic would only hold up if we were talking two players playing in the same position and competing for the same spot. Bassey getting played in positions Patterson doesn't play has absolutely no bearing on whether Gerrard thinks one is better than the other.