*****Official Rangers v Hibs League Cup SF Match Thread*****

.Williamson.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Whilst today's performance was utterly appalling, particularly in defence, we have other serious issues at the Club.   When players are injured or having an off day or a poor run of form the standard procedure is to bring in someone else.  Tavernier has been pretty woeful this season but Patterson still sits on the bench.   With Helander injured yet again and Katic put on loan because Gerrard used him as a scapegoat when Goldson mucked up, the back-up of Balogun was OK for the odd game but we signed Simpson who is so bad he doesn't even get on the bench.  When Goldson has a howler he doesn't get dropped because the alternative is either Simpson or Bassey.  It speaks volumes that Bassey is considered a better option than Simpson at CB despite Bassey being crap.   We have Bacuna and Lundstram our acclaimed summer signings neither of whom were selected today nor were they even considered as replacements for the under-performing first choices.  Sakala and Hagi came on and although we huffed and puffed in possession they made next to no impact.  Kent was ineffective for his hour on the park.  Then we have the fans' current favourite scapegoat , Morelos, who didn't play well today (who did?) but I can't think of a decent chance he got from his team mates.   I've read the posts where he should be dropped / sold but who do we have to take his place? 

One person at Ibrox who seriously worries me is our DoF Ross Wilson.   His transfer dealings to date have been very disappointing.

What transfers in particular?

That was actually a form of fucking torture, don’t even know where to begin dissecting that so ain’t going to bother pretty sure everyone is on the same page. 

one tactic from the first minute, the same story as the whole season so far pretty much, predictable as fuck I’ll leave It at that.

Goldson can take a flying fuck to himself, looking forward to Gio taking control and hopefully refreshing things and implementing some new tactics/ideas 

ergh

30 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

We have a lot of problems and Morelos is definitely one of them. He has been pish all season along with Tav, Goldson and Borna. We have a lot of problems currently and I woulndt want to be Gio coming in to this.

There are problems nobody can deny that .The plus side we have right now is a change of manager with a clean slate for the whole squad .And we have plenty options too .With sneaky Gee we had Tav and Goldson undroppable and a few others were getting too many chances while not on form .

Read so many comments saying we need huge rebuild ,this lot need punted etc etc .But as well as not agreeing with that it’s simply impractical and unachievable anyway .There’s enough with what we have to still get a decent side on that park so long as there are a few changes in who is “guaranteed “ game time ,

Morelos ,Morelos Barasic and McGregor need to work their way back in .I would add Goldson to this too but unfortunately centre half is the only area we don’t have many options until Helander gets back .

Only read a couple of the last pages, hard to single anyone out today.. because they were all absolutely pish.. 

reiterate my last post about Gio and his team hopefully introducing new tactics/ideas..

and again goldson can take a major flying fuck to himself, fuck knows who he thinks he is 

1 minute ago, Rum Ham said:

All above the standard to beat hibs

They should be but one was so bad we didn't take up the option to sign him after his loan deal expired.   One we signed with a heart problem!!!  One doesn't suit our style of play and is out on loan, two we didn't even bring off the bench, one is so bad he doesn't get included in the pool of players for games, one came off the bench but only because Balogun was injured.

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

There are problems nobody can deny that .The plus side we have right now is a change of manager with a clean slate for the whole squad .And we have plenty options too .With sneaky Gee we had Tav and Goldson undroppable and a few others were getting too many chances while not on form .

Read so many comments saying we need huge rebuild ,this lot need punted etc etc .But as well as not agreeing with that it’s simply impractical and unachievable anyway .There’s enough with what we have to still get a decent side on that park so long as there are a few changes in who is “guaranteed “ game time ,

Morelos ,Morelos Barasic and McGregor need to work their way back in .I would add Goldson to this too but unfortunately centre half is the only area we don’t have many options until Helander gets back .

Sneaky gee 😂😂 grow up. 

One thing I think but, as much as today was an absolute fucking disaster.. the league is bread and butter this season, I couldn’t care less about Europe or the other cup.. we are in a good old fashioned title fight.

Today’s performance was indefensible but we are top of the league and have more than enough quality to win this league so we just have to battle on and get behind the team.

again, fuck goldson man.. eejit

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Whilst today's performance was utterly appalling, particularly in defence, we have other serious issues at the Club.   When players are injured or having an off day or a poor run of form the standard procedure is to bring in someone else.  Tavernier has been pretty woeful this season but Patterson still sits on the bench.   With Helander injured yet again and Katic put on loan because Gerrard used him as a scapegoat when Goldson mucked up, the back-up of Balogun was OK for the odd game but we signed Simpson who is so bad he doesn't even get on the bench.  When Goldson has a howler he doesn't get dropped because the alternative is either Simpson or Bassey.  It speaks volumes that Bassey is considered a better option than Simpson at CB despite Bassey being crap.   We have Bacuna and Lundstram our acclaimed summer signings neither of whom were selected today nor were they even considered as replacements for the under-performing first choices.  Sakala and Hagi came on and although we huffed and puffed in possession they made next to no impact.  Kent was ineffective for his hour on the park.  Then we have the fans' current favourite scapegoat , Morelos, who didn't play well today (who did?) but I can't think of a decent chance he got from his team mates.   I've read the posts where he should be dropped / sold but who do we have to take his place? 

One person at Ibrox who seriously worries me is our DoF Ross Wilson.   His transfer dealings to date have been very disappointing.

Morelos is getting it because he is clearly overweight and not trying a fucking leg,the Morelos of old even when not getting service still put himself about and kept defenders on their toes but not anymore.

Bacuna and lundstram weren’t picked by either a second team coach who was clueless or more likely by a committee of senior(clique) players,that doesn’t mean they’re not good enough.

Just going by recent form then tav,Morelos,barasic,mcgregor and kamara should not have started today,I would have included our 2 centre backs but we have no option but to play them as we have no cover.

And by the way Morelos missed a great chance right at the start of the game,clean through but hit a powderpuff shot too early because he is that unfit he couldn’t run in on goal and so hit it early before he was caught.

Having just watched the game back then sat down had a cuppa to calm down IMO we started with the wrong eleven.

However we can sit here and criticize after the event but we have played this predictable football all season trying pretty little passes and touches trying to get in on goal but when that does not work we have no plan B. Teams know they only have to pull 10 men back in defence and eventually a pass will go astray or be intercepted and we either are told not to shoot from outside the box or have no one capable.

The key is we are predictable and other managers have worked us out.

1 hour ago, bluenose48 said:

Having just watched the game back then sat down had a cuppa to calm down IMO we started with the wrong eleven.

However we can sit here and criticize after the event but we have played this predictable football all season trying pretty little passes and touches trying to get in on goal but when that does not work we have no plan B. Teams know they only have to pull 10 men back in defence and eventually a pass will go astray or be intercepted and we either are told not to shoot from outside the box or have no one capable.

Basically everyone knew that when the team was announced. You’re possibly the only person on earth that needed to watch it twice to come to that conclusion 

gio needs to go in this morning and go right through the lot of them. for starters, drop tavernier and goldson. give the captain/vice captain to someone else. make it clear to all the other players that he is serious and is looking to completely shake up the entire team. time to fight for your place or you'll be warming the bench until you're punted in January. 

actually sick of the sight of some of these players now and it's time they step up or fuck off. but again first of all i'd get rid of that spineless duo tavernier and goldson. 

Tav and Goldson getting criticism quite rightly but I’d add Barisic to the list of guys that require a permanent place on the bench for a good while. His performances of late have been rotten and yesterday was the worst of them all. He has the heart of a mouse at times. Give Bassey a good run rather than 2-3 games here and there and then dropping out again. 

7 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

But played with one hundred per cent desire and whatnot unlike us.

All I ask is some show of effort, there was none it boils my blood watching that today!

Energy levels were defo lacking. Think that that was down to mental resilience tho.

Spineless performance yesterday tav and balogun were abysmal.

subs were shocking and midfield had no creativity and gio has a massive job trying to pick the team up for thursday and  that is the worse performance ive seen in a long time.

5 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Correct  100%