Neil Mccann Coach

BlueKnight87

Just now, The Dude said:

Shame you're so pessimistic about Gio's appointment. I'm looking forward to 56 myself.

Not with this imminent appointment of a shit coach. Bad news for us all, really glad the Dundee boys you’ve spoken to have warned us in advance. Gio can get to fuck imo.

Just now, G13 said:

@The Dude from the players you spoke to, was there a main reason they gave for not liking him? Genuinely interested.

Generally just didn't feel challenged enough by his sessions and felt they were all a bit robotic. They'd talk through very specific threats and weaknesses but nothing ever seemed to really change in the sessions to put the ideas into practice.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Generally just didn't feel challenged enough by his sessions and felt they were all a bit robotic. They'd talk through very specific threats and weaknesses but nothing ever seemed to really change in the sessions to put the ideas into practice.

He comes across well on RTV too, always analysing the play and sems to explain it well but then again I know fuck all about tactics tbh.

Just now, G13 said:

He comes across well on RTV too, always analysing the play and sems to explain it well but then again I know fuck all about tactics tbh.

He'd not be the first to have a really good tactical head but not be able to lead a good session. Everybody's favourite ex-Celtic player Yogi Hughes is the same. Got a really really good idea of tactics etc but is a pretty shite coach. Quite a few coaches I know of who tactically are pretty poor, but if you give them something to work towards and defined plans, they are fantastic at taking sessions.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’d prefer my coaching staff to have a half decent career in coaching tbf. Working alongside decent managers learning the game, bringing insight and knowledge to the team. Feeding off success 
being a pundit and failed manager doesn’t count 

i think neil would be a very good addition to the staff with his knowledge of scots football but id prefer an experienced assistant. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So these Dundee and Inverness  players just told a random journalist who was up to watch their training sessions that their manager was a shit coach? How did this come up in conversation? Did you ask them about his coaching abilities or did they come to you to tell their story? 

McCann has played at the highest level, won trophies, represented his country. He's also been involved with the Scottish game for years and knows our standards. 

If our manager wants him that means more than some arse hurt players who couldn't make the grade and blame others for their own shortcomings. 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sounds like it would be a concern if he was our manager or even the assistant charged with leading training but, from what we’re all reading and hearing, that isn’t likely because GVB is hands-on and will bring experienced coaches with him. If McCann is passing on local expertise, advice, and identifying specific threats opposition pose tactically: he sounds ideal. 

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Was McAllister a successful appointment, though? 

1 trophy in 9.

I'd say no. For someone being said to be brought in for his Scottish experience he'd at least know how Scottish teams play cup ties. He'd have got the wire to Gerrard that St Mirren would throw everything at it, after Davis scored a late equaliser in the league cup semi final, to avoid going to extra time. We win that game it's onto the final v Livi that we would be overwhelming favourites for.

3 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

So these Dundee and Inverness  players just told a random journalist who was up to watch their training sessions that their manager was a shit coach? How did this come up in conversation? Did you ask them about his coaching abilities or did they come to you to tell their story? 

Some of them are guys I know socially, others are ones I've interviewed or had on pressers. Comes up in conversation by asking them what's he like to play under.

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

Not to enamoured with this one. Would much prefer an experienced coach who has been and done it at a high level. 

Is there anyone who’s: available, affordable, experienced coaching at the top level, has extensive and recent experience of Scottish football, and willing to be 3rd or 4th most senior person in our coaching setup? I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

McCann has played at the highest level, won trophies, represented his country. He's also been involved with the Scottish game for years and knows our standards. 

If our manager wants him that means more than some arse hurt players who couldn't make the grade and blame others for their own shortcomings. 

I think he could bring a lot of info to Gio about the game in Scotland at the moment, and as you say above has done so much in the game as a player. 

If there is any truth in this story then he will be appointed because Gio & Ross think he can do a job, and I would be very happy to see him back, if they want him.  Time will tell if this is true or not.