Goldson

GOAT

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'd would not level that at Goldson the amount of games he's played for us. Most of the animosity is because he has not signed a contract but bar the odd brain fart he gives 100%.

There were real cowards on the field but even at the end Goldson although failing was still working hard and bursting a gut to get a goal.

He's not been very successful though has he

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He said precisely what thousands of Rangers fans were saying. So he can be honest - as long as it he's only honest sometimes.

I can guarantee you not one of our fans thought at 3-1 down the game was done. 

The vice captain did though and that’s part of the problem. 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'd would not level that at Goldson the amount of games he's played for us. Most of the animosity is because he has not signed a contract but bar the odd brain fart he gives 100%.

There were real cowards on the field but even at the end Goldson although failing was still working hard and bursting a gut to get a goal.

Nothing to do with his contract situation. Throwing in the towel in a semi final and saying he's lost the hunger is the problem. Never a Rangers player with that attitude.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think he's getting abuse for being honest posters and punters cry out for it and when they hear it they react like daft wee kids.

Everyone who watched the full interview could see the point he was making.

I watched the full interview and it actually calmed me at first, the more I think about the giving up quote the more angry I got but, players have probably thought it before of course they have but to come out and admit it publicly is absolute madness. 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There were loads of people on here saying they had turned it off in the match thread.

He’s been atrocious for months and his mind is obviously elsewhere. Just look at the goals conceded, mostly from fannying about at the back or not dominating our own box. Not good enough for Rangers.

He’s not signed a contract and is apparently building a family home in England. Clearly not committed to Rangers.

He got his league winner’s medal and that seems to be enough for him. Not ambitious enough for Rangers.

Chucked it when the game was still salvageable. Gutless.

Until we have other options (recall Katic, Helander recovery, promotion of youngster, new signing in a few weeks etc), we’re paying his wages let’s use him. But the minute there is another option, get him to fuck.

38 minutes ago, Smile said:

We complain when players say nothing and we complain when they speak. He was too honest and the average supporter cannot handle that.

We could see the players had chucked it as I mentioned previously.

For me, it’s not so much what he said.  But if it’s true, I’m more interested in what he and Tav did about this apparent “chucking” it by the team.  They are both supposed to be leaders, yet I saw zero leadership from them on the day to inspire or motivate the non-hackers he refers to.  In all honesty, I would get rid of him and Tav   as it’s clearly beyond them.

“I think when you start as poorly as we did it’s always going to be difficult. We probably gave ourselves too much to do in the second half. We know every team we play will be organised and we struggled to break them down. We need to cut the mistakes out of our games and become more ruthless and show some more mental toughness rather than just relying on talent.”

Could have easily said something like that

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think he's getting abuse for being honest posters and punters cry out for it and when they hear it they react like daft wee kids.

Everyone who watched the full interview could see the point he was making.

What reaction should people have to hearing that they thought they were beaten at half time then?

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We scored 2 goals a minute apart against St Mirren 4 weeks ago so football is always alive until the last kick of the ball never mind thinking you’re dead and buried with 45 minutes to play.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Go read the match thread and come back

At 3-0. 

The vice captain told the world that if you go 2 goals in front against us we don’t believe we’ll come back. 

Even after being part of a team that done precisely that in 20 minutes vs Braga and on the day we scored 2 in 2 minutes at St Mirren. 

He’s finished here and has been for about 2 months considering he’s mentally checked out. That was the final straw

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

At 3-0 down, not 3-1. Big difference tbf.

And then again they are getting paid thousands to watch the game.

People were still saying the had packed it in at 70 minutes or so.

I’m not defending Goldson’s comments, as the Rangers vice captain it was a moronic admission, but let’s not act like there weren’t people thinking and saying the exact same thing that he did when there clearly was.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So how do you go about building a consistently title-winning team that can compete in Europe if we're selling our best players at the first sniff of decent money? Would you have accepted selling Morelos for big bucks if it mean fucking the title and giving them ten?

Who said selling them at the first whiff of money?

And why would selling Morelos for £16m automatically mean fucking the title and giving them 10IAR?

For all you or I know the £16m may well have been invested in a £10m striker who would go on to score the same no. of goals as Morelos to lead us to 55 and crucial goals to reach and win cup finals. 

Also, Morelos didn’t singlehandedly  lead us to 55. He contributed yes but we didn’t win the league because we kept Morelos (who scored 12 of our 92 league goals).

A mindset where ‘if we sell we are fucked’ will and indeed has resulted in a stagnated team full of players with diminishing returns.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

At 3-0. 

The vice captain told the world that if you go 2 goals in front against us we don’t believe we’ll come back. 

Even after being part of a team that done precisely that in 20 minutes vs Braga and on the day we scored 2 in 2 minutes at St Mirren. 

He’s finished here and has been for about 2 months considering he’s mentally checked out. That was the final straw

he is finished but sadly we don’t have anyone to replace him so he’s still a starter.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

At 3-0. 

God fucking help us when we get six months of Jack Simpson making a cunt of it.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Who said selling them at the first whiff of money?

And why would selling Morelos for £16m automatically mean fucking the title and giving them 10IAR?

For all you or I know the £16m may well have been invested in a £10m striker who would go on to score the same no. of goals as Morelos to lead us to 55 and crucial goals to reach and win cup finals. 

Also, Morelos didn’t singlehandedly  lead us to 55. He contributed yes but we didn’t win the league because we kept Morelos (who scored 12 of our 92 league goals).

A mindset where ‘if we sell we are fucked’ will and indeed has resulted in a stagnated team full of players with diminishing returns.

Selling our players at their 'peak' is exactly how you go about winning fuck all.