Goldson

GOAT

16 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Maw jokes. Are you not in your 40's ffs :lol:

I can see why yer maw jokes might wane with age .

If you’re in your 40s and your slagging a peer,Then of course the mother will be to put it nice ,Have seen her best days .

But the older you get the more appealing the Gilfs become and at some point the Milfs look like your too old for 😂

So if your a dirty bastard and liberal standards with a “youthful” sense of fun .Then yer maw jokes can still be appealing 😂😂

Best case scenario is having his replacement in the door before any pre-contracts are signed. If he is leaving then he's got to keep up his performances to play, then if he stays we've got 3 very good centre backs for next season.(With Bassey and King hopefully as backups)

17 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Best case scenario is having his replacement in the door before any pre-contracts are signed. If he is leaving then he's got to keep up his performances to play, then if he stays we've got 3 very good centre backs for next season.(With Bassey and King hopefully as backups)

Also, whoever the replacement is would not be cup tied in the Europa mate? 

36 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Aye, I’m not sure either mate. 

We'll need 2 centre backs in for next season no matter anyway, imperative that one of them comes under the homegrown rule though. Be better aiming for Souttar in January and he can go straight in to the Euros squad without taking anyone out.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We'll need 2 centre backs in for next season no matter anyway, imperative that one of them comes under the homegrown rule though. Be better aiming for Souttar in January and he can go straight in to the Euros squad without taking anyone out.

I'll say we easily need 3. Goldson gone, Balogun out of contract and Simpson doesn't count. Leaving just Helander.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'll say we easily need 3. Goldson gone, Balogun out of contract and Simpson doesn't count. Leaving just Helander.

I'd be counting Bassey and King(Hopefully) as being options for 4th choice centre back. As unless we've got a big overhaul of the team, we don't have any space in the squad for more foreign CB's.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Souttar on a free does make sense, I’m just wary of this because of his injury history. Would he be a starter though?  I’ll see how I feel when we play Hearts Dec 12. 

Just now, J-Maestro said:

I'd be counting Bassey and King(Hopefully) as being options for 4th choice centre back. As unless we've got a big overhaul of the team, we don't have any space in the squad for more foreign CB's.

Bassey as a break glass option is ok with me, not as part of the 4. Jury is still out if King will be good enough to make the grade. 

I agree though, at least 1 of the 4 has to be domestic.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Souttar on a free does make sense, I’m just wary of this because of his injury history. Would he be a starter though?  I’ll see how I feel when we play Hearts Dec 12. 

We've got big problems with homegrown players too, there's not really any other options for Scottish CB's as he's a better option than any of the others. There's always the chance players step up another level playing in a better team too. I'd be going for him and that Doekhi.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

We've got big problems with homegrown players too, there's not really any other options for Scottish CB's as he's a better option than any of the others. There's always the chance players step up another level playing in a better team too. I'd be going for him and that Doekhi.

Who does Doekhi play for? 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Bassey as a break glass option is ok with me, not as part of the 4. Jury is still out if King will be good enough to make the grade. 

I agree though, at least 1 of the 4 has to be domestic.

If we're having 4 CB's then you're having to drop players from the rest of the Euro squad to make room, Simpson already isn't making the squad as is.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Who does Doekhi play for? 

Vittesse Arnhem, he's been linked with us before and seems like a good prospect. Him or Souttar with Helander being the leader talking them through games next season would be my option. Then against the bottom sides if Helander needs a rest play them together.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If we're having 4 CB's then you're having to drop players from the rest of the Euro squad to make room, Simpson already isn't making the squad as is.

Thank God Simpson isn't making the squad currently. We could have 4 CBs if one of them was homegrown ie Souttar.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Thank God Simpson isn't making the squad currently. We could have 4 CBs if one of them was homegrown ie Souttar.

If we're going for 4 CB's with 3 new we would be as well just keeping Balogun as 4th choice then I reckon. Otherwise it could be too much of a change at the back.

35 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If we're going for 4 CB's with 3 new we would be as well just keeping Balogun as 4th choice then I reckon. Otherwise it could be too much of a change at the back.

The whole side is going to be massively transitioned over the summer anyway. The season is the last for many.