*****The Official Rangers v Dundee thread *****

RS4_wul

I thought it was another controlled performance. 

Defensively we're so improved, Barisic looks a different player - won every header he could have. Bassey again so strong. 

Frustrating at points, but actually gambling by taking shots has made the difference on what could have been an uncomfortable day. 

Loved seeing Wright & Sakala doing what they naturally are both best at, getting 1 vs 1s and taking on their man. Sakala being the more impressive but once Wright learns were the byline is he'll be very dangerous. 

Aribo the obvious MOTM and continuing to impress. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nah to not even hit the target from there is unacceptable. He literally just tried to hit the ball as hard as he could instead of showing any sort of composure.

Sorry but as a former striker and a very good one at that, I have to vehemently disagree. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Just home from the game / pub.

First half was a tough watch even though we were completely in control. Alfie needs to start burying those chances. Second half much better and the players looked to have a lot more freedom.

Borna was brilliant defensively again, Aribo was the best player on the pitch by a mile, Arfield was great, Sakala looked dangerous every time he got the ball - he just needs a bit more composure. Thought Bacuna had a pretty decent cameo too, would like to see him start soon alongside Aribo with either Jack or Kamara behind.

At this stage I don't see how Lundstram fits in / is going to get more than token minutes in this set up.

Not much wrong with that assessment bud:tu:

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Glad to see Arfield getting  lore game time, he's not that old, and was kinda frozen out under Gerrard. 

If he keeps putting in decent performances, then he deserves his place. 

Yea, team's playing well under Gio.

Arfield has always been the midfielder prepared to get beyond the forwards, exactly what we need when playing teams sitting in

Enjoyed that win today, 3 - 0 going on 6 or 7.

I thought every player played their part today. As in most games, some were better than others, but I feel Gio and his backroom staff are certainly making us a better team and as the man himself says, if you keep the zero you are going to get many chances to score goals. 

3 lovely points. :coolio:

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Completed 80% of his passes and we’ve got numptys saying canny hit a simple pass 9 out of 10 times 🤣

Mate when he's on it he's a superb wee player but some of his passing is and has been rotten since he joined.  It's easy passes he make a mess of too often.  Love him to bits but it's true.  

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Defensively we're so improved, Barisic looks a different player - won every header he could have. Bassey again so strong. 

Frustrating at points, but actually gambling by taking shots has made the difference on what could have been an uncomfortable day. 

Loved seeing Wright & Sakala doing what they naturally are both best at, getting 1 vs 1s and taking on their man. Sakala being the more impressive but once Wright learns were the byline is he'll be very dangerous. 

We can’t keep trying to pass through packed defences Wright and Salaka always prepared to run at their man opens them up.

7 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think Tav is also defending better. 

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Mate when he's on it he's a superb wee player but some of his passing is and has been rotten since he joined.  It's easy passes he make a mess of too often.  Love him to bits but it's true.  

Mate he’s had good spells and bad spells every season since he signed, like you say aye he fucks up on simple passes more often than he should but 9 times out of 10 is horse shit from a poster who can’t hide his hatred of the Buff 

Anyway time for another patsy 🤧

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Before today’s game I would have maybe went with that mate but I’m happy with his performance today, hopefully the new coaching team can bring him back to his best 

For me mate roofe adds everything that Alfredo does but has that scoring class, finesse. There's nothing on that pitch today Morelos done that roofe can't do. Plus he would have scored 3/4

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

For me mate roofe adds everything that Alfredo does but has that scoring class, finesse. There's nothing on that pitch today Morelos done that roofe can't do. Plus he would have scored 3/4

Maybe Roofe starts in France mate think he deserves it tbh