Gio's Tactics

DarnleyLoyal

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Did he? 

He ran well for his tap in but other than that he was fairly similar to Kent in terms of contribution to the game.

I swear, I have no idea what some are watching. Kent was one of the quietest players on the park. Amad and Aribo were the only positives from that game

Games are controlled by the midfield. It's been a long time since our midfield actually dictated a game and controlled the tempo. Last five minutes today was shocking and stringing more than two passes together seemed to be beyond them. Bringing the likes of Lundstram on is a complete waste of time and they should be looking to move him on asap. Even if we had seen the game out today it wouldn't disguise the fact that there are serious problems at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Manager better get his act together. This team is bang average and boring as fuck to watch.

Wouldnt be surprised if we got a hiding on Wednesday.

trust me, were not getting a hiding on wed, i just watched them. they are fucking awful, at least we have McGregor and Bassey to blame today for 3 sunday lg howlers. 

here ios whats needed, a fucking fit centre half. 

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Manager better get his act together. This team is bang average and boring as fuck to watch.

Wouldnt be surprised if we got a hiding on Wednesday.

We get a hiding his head will be getting called for no doubt about it, obviously the scum result has strengthened the rage that's building.

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

trust me, were not getting a hiding on wed, i just watched them. they are fucking awful, at least we have McGregor and Bassey to blame today for 3 sunday lg howlers. 

Did anyone ask the obvious question after the match around Balogun and Helander? Probably not.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

We get a hiding his head will be getting called for no doubt about it, obviously the scum result has strengthened the rage that's building.

If we get turned over by a Tim team missing 6 or 7 players then it's pretty much as bad as it will get. 

It’s not Gio’s fault our squad depth is poor that’s on the board/Gerrard 

it is his fault for team picks, subs and gameplay 

However we have so many bang average players he’s getting a pass until he gets his own players in the door. 

he has a game plan with the wrong players. 

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

They are that awful we've spunked away a 6 point lead when we should have been miles ahead. They steal wins. We piss points away.

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

We are winning on Wednesday 100 per cent

Just now, Sket said:

They are that awful we've spunked away a 6 point lead when we should have been miles ahead. They steal wins. We piss points away.

and both teams will drop more points,  people know we still have gears to go up. we need our fit players back. 

if Balagun and Helander are fit and GIO is still playing Bassey then thats a disgrace, Honestly, id start with JM instead of Shagger on wed for distribution  alone, JM is a very good goal keeper. 

sick of saying it, the reason we dropped points today. is Shagger and Bassey, fix it!!! Itten should not be seen this season again, only as a sub for 5-10 mins. if he starts on wed, GIO deserves all the stick that comes his way. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s not Gio’s fault our squad depth is poor that’s on the board/Gerrard 

it is his fault for team picks, subs and gameplay 

However we have so many bang average players he’s getting a pass until he gets his own players in the door. 

he has a game plan with the wrong players. 

He plays with out and out wingers with right footed Kent on the left and left footed Diallo on the right. They want to cut in but it's that congested in the middle with no one overlapping or going wide. Then on top of that he let's his fullbacks either shit themselves in attempting to get forward or has them cutting in and getting hounded out.

It doesn't work and it's much more easier to work out than Beales tactic.

Can say all you want about squad depth but when you choose fucking rotten Itten as your main focus point of attack to start the match ahead of anyone else then you know he is making very wrong decisions.

2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Needs to take the leash off a bit and give the players the go ahead to get more goals, you’ll never be able to account for human error like today so only way to bypass that is goals. 

Not sure we have that in the team as everything we do is so cautious.

We had 7 defensively minded players on the park at home against Livi on Wednesday night 

It's about desire and hunger too. That lot no doubt want it this campaign. Are our players prepared to fight for this league? We aren't going to be handed it. Roll the sleeves up midweek and if need be avoid defeat at all costs if a win looks like not happening.

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

and both teams will drop more points,  people know we still have gears to go up. we need our fit players back. 

if Balagun and Helander are fit and GIO is still playing Bassey then thats a disgrace, Honestly, id start with JM instead of Shagger on wed for distribution  alone, JM is a very good goal keeper. 

sick of saying it, the reason we dropped points today. is Shagger and Bassey, fix it!!! Itten should not be seen this season again, only as a sub for 5-10 mins. if he starts on wed, GIO deserves all the stick that comes his way. 

Itten won’t play, expect same defence tho, unless someone injured 

2 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Not sure we have that in the team as everything we do is so cautious.

We had 7 defensively minded players on the park at home against Livi on Wednesday night 

Agree with that about Wednesday, but that team today looked pretty attacking.

I’ve been critical of Gio at times so far. But today is all about the mistakes that cost goals. Nothing more and nothing less. The second half overall was very good. 4 minutes in the first half cost us. 

Im Glen Kamara’s biggest fan. But I’m starting to see he doesn’t have the character to be the dominant midfielder we need him to be when he’s the sole number 6. If big offers come in I’d sell. He’s been brutal.