Player recruitment us v them

hammer93

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I think we are now at the start of a rebuild and it started this window. We have shed some crap and sold a young prospect for a good price. We have brought in a few loans that can improve us but I doubt they will be here the start of next season. I expect quiet a few to go in the summer to generate some money and Rangers to have a busy transfer window.

The rebuild definitely did not start this past window.

Our problem has been our inability to refresh the squad. One or two of our players should have been sold in the summer - but were the bids there? 

People underestimate what achieving 55 took out of some of these guys mentally, and how many of them climbed their Everest and have coasted since. 

Recruitment was and has been fine. celtic are just doing what we did with Gerrard as well.

My issue just now is that the players we have recruited are being used wrongly. Attacking full backs spending a lot of games against utter shite nowhere near our wingers, International centre backs on the bench when we're playing two left backs, strikers being left so isolated in general play, 400 numbers 6s but no of them play.

We're trying to change the wheel when the wheel didnt need to be changed.

There’s definitely been a bit of complacency. Too many squad guys and no intent to replace them with “quality”. Guys like Defoe, Davis, McGregor, Arfield should all really have been phased out at the end of last season. We kept extending Defoe’s contract and wonder why we haven’t found a replacement for Morelos.

We signed a lot of squad filler. Nobody said “ah Lundstrum he’s going to be a world beater” when he joined.

Goldson, Aribo, Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Tav and Jack are quality. We have about 10 who are basically average and never going to amount to much more than that. (Dallio is a loan).

Bassey, Barisic, Arfield, Dallio (currently) aren’t very good footballers. So almost half your outfield team can’t really control a ball or move it quickly. Which we saw tonight. Totally crumple understand any pressure/high pressure.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The rebuild starts this summer when next to no one will be still here at the start of next season.

he should have started the clear out this window getting rid of a whack of wages and tying players up on pre contracts/ getting them early if possible so we can hit the ground running avoiding another malmo and he can concentrate on getting those one or two bigger players in the summer

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The rebuild starts this summer when next to no one will be still here at the start of next season.

I think bring in Zukowski, Sands (to have a look at) and Souttar being lined up for the summer, is Gio making moves to build a new defense for nex season. A couple of talented loans to see us out this season (Ramsey and Amad) and then in the summer buy for the midfield and forward line. Only Gio and Wilson know if they are in the throws of identifying targets for the summer window but it has that feel for me.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

There’s definitely been a bit of complacency. Too many squad guys and no intent to replace them with “quality”. Guys like Defoe, Davis, McGregor, Arfield should all really be out the squad by now.

We signed a lot of squad filler. Nobody said “ah Lundstrum he’s going to be a world beater” when he joined.

Goldson, Aribo, Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Tav and Jack are quality. We have about 10 who are basically average and never going to amount to much more than that. (Dallio is a loan).

Bassey, Barisic, Arfield, Dallio (currently) aren’t very good footballers. So almost half your outfield team can’t really control a ball or move it quickly. Which we saw tonight. Totally crumple understand any pressure/high pressure.

Id have Lundstrum in this team every fucking week to be quite honest.

Dunno what the fuck he has done to be so far out of favour, and no doubt he is getting paid to fucking much, but he has offered more every time (excluding the sending off) he has been on the pitch than half the cunts in the team.

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

he should have started the clear out this window getting rid of a whack of wages and tying players up on pre contracts/ getting them early if possible so we can hit the ground running avoiding another malmo and he can concentrate on getting those one or two bigger players in the summer

We cant sell any of the rats signings , nobody wants them. We always end up paying them off its farcical.

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

I think bring in Zukowski, Sands (to have a look at) and Souttar being lined up for the summer, is Gio making moves to build a new defense for nex season. A couple of talented loans to see us out this season (Ramsey and Amad) and then in the summer buy for the midfield and forward line. Only Gio and Wilson know if they are in the throws of identifying targets for the summer window but it has that feel for me.

Genuinely only see McLaughlin, Zukowski, Souttar, Helander, Doekhi, Sands, Jack, Arfield and Sakala here next season. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

We cant sell any of the rats signings , nobody wants them. We always end up paying them off its farcical.

ive never been one for believing no one wants one of our players even when bain was in charge there is always a club no matter what league willing to take on a player with the experience we've given them i dont mean always getting a fee but at least buying out their contract saving us money rather than giving the prick a few 100k in his tail for fuck all 

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

ive never been one for believing no one wants one of our players even when bain was in charge there is always a club no matter what league willing to take on a player with the experience we've given them i dont mean always getting a fee but at least buying out their contract saving us money rather than giving the prick a few 100k in his tail for fuck all 

When we paid them off there always seemed to be teams looking to sign them the next day.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Genuinely only see McLaughlin, Zukowski, Souttar, Helander, Doekhi, Sands, Jack, Arfield and Sakala here next season. 

zukowski and sands will be bench warmers arfield and jack will be gone too, i think kamara will still be here

im not sure gio is the man for such a big rebuild for some reason i think dutch managers always try to change a foreign team into a dutch team and that just doesnt work especially here

zukowski and sands will be bench warmers arfield and jack will be gone too, i think kamara will still be here

im not sure gio is the man for such a big rebuild for some reason i think dutch managers always try to change a foreign team into a dutch team and that just doesnt work especially here

Kamara is 100% gone after not winning the league.

Everybody in Dutch football are still living on past glories a long long time ago.

47 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

one lost game to him doesnt make him a klopp ffs hes a wim jansen type, a one hit wonder here what we need is a manager with bite and gravitas one where the players will run through a brick wall for i dont think we have that in gio

I think this squad is so full of Gerrards men that they’re looking down their noses at the idea of running through brick walls for Gio.

Also 3 years of Gerrard’s methods mean they may have lost some of the legs required to do it.

Showing that there’s more to it than running around like nutters with high presses.

When called upon to make stuff for themselves rather than squeeze errors out of the opposition, they’re a bit short of the mark.