*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

"The Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland, is set to miss Thursday’s Europa League clash with Rangers because of injury (Mark Palmer writes). The Norway star has been out since January 22 with an adductor muscle strain and was yesterday pictured arriving at the training ground with his personal physiotherapist.  The 21-year-old phenomenon did not take part in Monday’s session, the day after he sat out a 3-0 Bundesliga win over Union Berlin."

There are these photos from yesterday 

Google translate from link:  When most of the BVB pros had long since left the training ground in Dortmund-Brackel after the morning's reserve unit, Erling Haaland suddenly stepped onto the pitch. A muscle injury in the adductor area had previously put Borussia's top striker out of action for three weeks, he had only been able to work on his fitness individually in BVB's medical wing.

Do we have any information on Jack’s availability?

Interesting that UEFA website has a forecast team of:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Bassey

Davis Kamara

Arfield Aribo Kent

Morelos.

If Jack isn’t available, that’s exactly the team I would pick. If he can play, I’d give him Davis’ place. Ramsey and Sakala on the bench for me and both Fashion and Morelos are one booking away from missing next match.

Listening to a podcast about Dortmund just now, they seem to be in a bit of a mess

Obviously a top team with top players but I’m getting a feeling that if we were ever to take something off them it would be now - especially with Haaland out

I use ‘mess’ lightly for a team 2nd placed in the Bundesliga :lol: 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Do we have any information on Jack’s availability?

Interesting that UEFA website has a forecast team of:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Bassey

Davis Kamara

Arfield Aribo Kent

Morelos.

If Jack isn’t available, that’s exactly the team I would pick. If he can play, I’d give him Davis’ place. Ramsey and Sakala on the bench for me and both Fashion and Morelos are one booking away from missing next match.

Lundstrum in for Davis for me if Jack isn't available.

30 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If theres any game I'd be happy with Gios defensive style its this one. 

Minus the dreadful positioning from our fullbacks, I dread what Dortmund could do on Barasic's side on his current form. Hopefully the midfield help cover the gaps he leaves. We did that well at times under Gerrard.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

If theres any game I'd be happy with Gios defensive style its this one. 

Yes if we had a solid defence.

Unfort rught now we dont so no.

Need to pick correct times to press, if we sit deep like tarrirrs than it will be a proper doing again especially if barasic plays.

On 14/02/2022 at 12:02, The Specky Liar said:

Tight as possible and hit them on the break

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Lundstram Jack

Sakala Ramsey Kent

Morelos

That's my team right there mate. Think we can sneak a draw if we start with that 11.