Rangers FC: Roots And The Deracinated Bheast

Virtuoso

Made himself a promise to only write about Rangers. ย 
ย 

Two articles later he couldnโ€™t fucking help himself. ย 
ย 

thereโ€™s irony behind the Australian game, folks rightly donโ€™t want it cos it connects us to them out with formality. ย Guess what - folks canโ€™t stop singing about them, writing about them talking about them. ย They people connect us daily.ย 
ย 

the day this stops will be glorious. That glorious day will never come.ย 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Itโ€™s a rivalry, your post makes no sense at all. Literally every football rivalry in the world speaks of and sings about the other. They donโ€™t however hold hands and go on โ€œhomecomingโ€ tours across the world together.

Makes sense when the writer made himself a promise not to write about them, then wrote about them.ย 

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Makes sense when the writer made himself a promise not to write about them, then wrote about them.ย 

Tbf the writer probably didnโ€™t expect us to go on a tour to Australia with them for their managers homecoming when he made that promise.

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Maybe comprehension isn't your strong point ๐Ÿ™„

โ€œMy most important new yearโ€™s resolution has been cast aside this week. I vowed for the year at least, in our 150thย anniversary, all that I would think and speak about would be Rangers FCโ€

Iโ€™m trying really hard to comprehend anything different from what the writer actually said.ย 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

โ€œMy most important new yearโ€™s resolution has been cast aside this week. I vowed for the year at least, in our 150thย anniversary, all that I would think and speak about would be Rangers FCโ€

Iโ€™m trying really hard to comprehend anything different from what the writer actually said.ย 

Followed by:

It pains me to mention Bheast FCย but mention them I must.

If we hadn't agreed to this shitshow, then he wouldn't have mentioned them but itย would be nigh on impossible not to - whilst venting his disgust at it.

16 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Him saying that is quite cringe. Its basically admitting that celtic bother him so much that he has to make a conscious effort not to speak about them and then fails.

His point still stands tho. The game in Australia is a disgrace even without the fact they are child molesting scum.

The board and the people in charge of modern football fail to realise that Clubs mean much more to fans than just a game and wearing a top. And the rivalry means more than just a manufactured game for profit.ย 

Some might think that being passionate about a football team is silly. Some might think that seeing a rivalry between two clubs as more than just a football game is silly and over the top. Some might think having political and ideological issues aligned to your football club is radical. But that's the way it is.ย 

Its not just an issue in Scotland either as much as the SNP would love us to think. It's seen in almost every country where football is played other than the US where sport is just a business and they don't have Clubs they have franchises, thats what England is turning into and what the board want Rangers to be.

If it takes Rangers becoming a franchise like Man U or some American club to win the European Cup then I don't want it tbh. If it takes our rivalry turning into Liverpool vs Everton for us to become a dominant force in Europe then I don't want that either.

We've won 55 titles and a European Cup Winners Cup and are the most successful team in football on our own merit and with the backing of our support. Not by whoring ourselves out.

If you'd asked me in 2012 I'd have said I didn't give a fuck if we ever played celtic again. We've proven we can survive without them, they cling to our existence. Yet our board just play into their hands.

On 04/03/2022 at 09:23, don logan said:

Don't know what deracinated means and can't be bothered googling it. Author of blog wants to flag up that he knows some big words.

It wouldn't be wrong to say that I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

9 hours ago, Willis said:

ย 

If you'd asked me in 2012 I'd have said I didn't give a fuck if we ever played celtic again. We've proven we can survive without them, they cling to our existence. Yet our board just play into their hands.

Exactly how I felt at the time and, to be honest, still do, I couldn't care if we never have to share a pitch with them again. Iย  don't want anything to do with them .

As for the piece in bold, we can survive without them but they can't without us, and they know it, that's what eats away at them. It was proven when we were down the leagues, swathes of their stands covered in banners, in fact it looks as though they stillย  struggle to sell tickets, I saw a clip of their St. Mirren home game on the news and there was empty seats all over the place.

They only exist to to concern themselves about Rangers, they only turn up when they play Rangers, they say they are not obsessed with Rangers, Rangers consume them and the fact we can get on fine without them eats away at them, and long may it continue.