Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

More chance of me being Pope Jakes Pal Ist than us winning the semi final I am afraid.

I get the result hurt because it meant we lost the league but was there really that much in it in terms of the game? I don’t think so. 

If we go with McLaughlin in goals, drop Aribo and have Morelos back I’d make us slight favourites for the tie. 

However the fact that we rely on Morelos so much after 4-5 years is criminal in itself. If he’s still out we’ll probably get beat

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I get the result hurt because it meant we lost the league but was there really that much in it in terms of the game? I don’t think so. 

If we go with McLaughlin in goals, drop Aribo and have Morelos back I’d make us slight favourites for the tie. 

However the fact that we rely on Morelos so much after 4-5 years is criminal in itself. If he’s still out we’ll probably get beat

Alfie is out for the rest of the season, he may well have played his last game for us as I expect an offer to come in for him. Unpleasant as it is to accept, we have a team of serial losers managed by a man totally out of his depth. The remainder of the season is going to be a death by a thousand cuts as we lose four times in a row to THEM and watch THEM lift a treble from being in position of strength we could only have dreamed about 10 years ago. 

The collapse has been total.

42 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we get beat off them again in the semi final then he’s done. 

How many of us do you think really believe the outcome is anything other than them putting us out? I know that guys will hit out with the no surrender patter, but in their heart of hearts I don't think any more than  a quarter of our support will truly believe we'll beat them. 

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

How many of us do you think really believe the outcome is anything other than them putting us out? I know that guys will hit out with the no surrender patter, but in their heart of hearts I don't think any more than  a quarter of our support will truly believe we'll beat them. 

I think playing them after the two Braga games will probably knock the stuffing out of us.

14 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Twice GVB has faced THEM and twice his team has shat the bed, lose again to THEM at Hampden and most likely again at The Piggery and I am afraid that there will be little or no support left for Gio as the manager to take us into next season.

Well if we win Europa league he'll have a job for decades..

27 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Think that's the main problem, it's complete role reversal now from the last 2 years of OFs

We were playing shit in some of them and still winning, the zero shots on target game springs to mind & that's exactly what the taigs did yesterday, played shit and still won pretty comfortably.

Hart made 1 real save, the shot from Sakala down to his left, other than that they had the better chances & easily could've had 3 by half time again.

49 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The serial losers are as follows:

Tavernier

Goldson

Barisic

Arfield

Aribo

Kamara

Kent

All of the 7 above have been around Ibrox for 3 maybe 4 years, and every single one of them have been involved in multitle fuck ups in those years.

Their weakness and feeble mindedness is also rubbing off on new squad members.

They all need to go.

2 of which are a captain that publicly admitted they can't cope when teams get in thier face and a vice captain that publicly admitted they gave up in the league cup semi final and lost hunger after 1 trophy. 

Goldson will be off in the summer and really should have been punted when it was clear he wasn't resigning. 

59 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

@Rangers_no1 will be able to help me out but am sure if we beat Braga there’s a chance we’ll be seeded for the UCL play off? I may be wrong. That’s huge in the context of next season for example. 

Different factors still to be determined mate. I.E what happens with sides from Russia and Ukraine.

Theres a chance we would be seeded if we get one draw vs Braga. Should we advance to the SF we would at least match the coefficients of Zenit.

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Different factors still to be determined mate. I.E what happens with sides from Russia and Ukraine.

Theres a chance we would be seeded if we get one draw vs Braga. Should we advance to the SF we would at least match the coefficients of Zenit.

Zenit will not be in any European competition next season and neither will any other Russian club.