Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Reactionary nonsense and I’m not even the biggest Gio fan. Sacking him now achieves nothing at all and would stink of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

Sacking him now would mean that he was not here next season. That is the benefit.

I have a horrible fucking feeling that we are getting pumped out the Europa and the SC and we will still stick with the useless cunt for next season.

Sure my preference would be to keep him in place but for them to tell us he is getting binned at the end of the season, but to be honest, I just cant wait till the time I find out he is getting the sack at this point.

We going backwards at a frightening pace.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Kamara as a number 10 is up there with the worst tactical decisions I’ve ever seen

Between that and allowing Arfield to play 90 minutes tonight. Ramsey hasn't done much here and I still question his fitness but shoulda been on tonight to replace any one of the failing midfielders.

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye that's mental. If he goes out to Braga and looses the semi final to them then yes, you have a point and I would support that but bringing in McCallum to see us through a European quarter final and a domestic semi is baffling. Canny believe I'm having that conversation.

He did do well in the hibs semi especially the subs.

Some of the stuff on here is wild 

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sacking him now would mean that he was not here next season. That is the benefit.

I have a horrible fucking feeling that we are getting pumped out the Europa and the SC and we will still stick with the useless cunt for next season.

Sure my preference would be to keep him in place but for them to tell us he is getting binned at the end of the season, but to be honest, I just cant wait till the time I find out he is getting the sack at this point.

We going backwards at a frightening pace.

Putting David McCallum in charge now throws us into Jimmy Nichol is seeing the season out levels of embarrassment and kills any chance we have of progressing out of this tie against Braga or beating celtic in the Scottish Cup.

Gio is poor but at least we have a punchers chance with him in charge. 

The time to bin him, if that’s what we do is at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Are we though? Gio has taken us further in Europe than Gerrard ever did and is closer in points in the league to the scum at this point than Gerrard was at this stage of the season with the obvious exception of last season.

In the end, I went off Gerrard but I've never really taken to GVB.

He favoured Hagi when he wasn't playing well. Arfield can do no wrong.

And he doesn't rate players like Roofe, Kamara, Wright, Barisic & Helander. Players that have had success in the past.

Everyone has their preferences but I've never warmed to him. In saying that, I wanted Lampard so what do I know.

19 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Reactionary nonsense and I’m not even the biggest Gio fan. Sacking him now achieves nothing at all and would stink of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

Yeah gio won't be going anywhere until season end. 

What I'm seeing but doesn’t fill me with confidence him leading us into next season.

That Ramsey was fit to play tonight and gio left him out when we we created nothing is criminal. That he also said he was happy with the performance of midfield, what game was gio watching!

Don't see what kind of game plan he's trying to implement.  

If we crash out of the europa and SC next week. A real possibility the way we are playing.

Then surely the board needs to really be thinking about looking at other managers. They should also be looking for a new DOF on top.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Through his coaching and man management, he can make average players better.

I wouldn't be hugely against it, and would have leaned towards giving it to him for continuity when Gerrard left.

Another big risk though, big difference between being a good coach and good with the players, and being a leader and manager.