Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

2 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

H&H apparently asked this in the post match press conference and the answer was along the lines of.. "he was fit, but we decided on other players".

The game plan was probably to keep things tight tonight. Suspect he will start next week when we will be a different animal. I say probably in the first sentence because I don’t know what our tactics are.

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

The game plan was probably to keep things tight tonight. Suspect he will start next week when we will be a different animal. I say probably in the first sentence because I don’t know what our tactics are.

This is the scary bit..

12 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Obsession with Beale is laughable.

Realistically who would you suggest?

9 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

H&H apparently asked this in the post match press conference and the answer was along the lines of.. "he was fit, but we decided on other players".

That is mental, have the option of a WC midfielder but decide on what we got...

5 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Realistically who would you suggest?

I think if beale was interested in the job he would have been in contention after Gerrard left. It would have made sense for some continuity. 

In terms of who else it's tough one to say as come the summer you don't know who could become available. 

I've seen a few on here mention Bodø/Glimt manager Knutsen. 

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I wouldn't be hugely against it, and would have leaned towards giving it to him for continuity when Gerrard left.

Another big risk though, big difference between being a good coach and good with the players, and being a leader and manager.

He was and is the brains behind "Team Gerrard"

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think if beale was interested in the job he would have been in contention after Gerrard left. It would have made sense for some continuity. 

In terms of who else it's tough one to say as come the summer you don't know who could become available. 

I've seen a few on here mention Bodø/Glimt manager Knutsen. 

Seems to be working wonders there. Wouldn't break the bank and that league would have some cracking untapped resources in terms of players. Some of the Bodo players were eye catching. His brand of football looked good too.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Seems to be working wonders there. Wouldn't break the bank and that league would have some cracking untapped resources in terms of players. Some of the Bodo players were eye catching. His brand of football looked good too.

I can't say I know much about him outside of the wins he got against roma now x 2 and the scum.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Massive difference between being the brains tactically and the guy who goes in to the dressing room and commands the room through strength of personality. 

W L E R..... fill in the gaps! Know we are dealing in a different era now but it can be done!

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I can't say I know much about him outside of the wins he got against roma now x 2 and the scum.

Bodo had never won the league before. He finished runner up his first season and won manager of the year. Then the next season he won their first ever title and last season won again doing two in a row. On paper that's impressive.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

A lot of teams will be looking at him. Wouldnt surprise me if he had a move lined up already.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Bodo had never won the league before. He finished runner up his first season and won manager of the year. Then the next season he won their first ever title and last season won again doing two in a row. On paper that's impressive.

Definitely an impressive CV especially with what he's doing in Europe as well. 

Sounds like he also knows how to build a side which is something we're going to need in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Its very, very impressive with a team like Bodø/Glimt.

5 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

W L E R..... fill in the gaps! Know we are dealing in a different era now but it can be done!

It can be but it can easily go the other way. Look what happened after ally was given the job.

It's a big leap going from coach/assistant to manager.