Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Would mick beale be a option to replace GVB?

I would have taken that when Gerrard went for a bit of continuity, but he'd be a huge gamble.

Villa seemingly have all of our old failings too despite the higher level of player they've got.

52 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’ve never seen any other Rangers supporter who goes out of their way to try and downplay everything Gerrard did as much as you do :lol:

Well the players are constantly bummed up for what is a pretty abysmal domestic record, lets be honest, one title, one solitary trophy in 4 years barring a miracle is a fucking woeful record, especially given last season was a gimme and they still shat the bed, which is a reoccurring theme with this lot

I gave gerrard a ton of stick for our domestic record, i now realise its the players given how they are doing exactly the same shitebag shit with gio as they did with gerrard 

32 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Since it doesn't suit your narrative 

What narrative is that? That in high pressure sitautions, in proper title fights, that this squad are inconsistent shitebags of the highest order fail to muster up any sort of a fight

And that last seasons title win was due to a set of circumstances that played right into our hands and will never be seen again

That narrative? 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its not really, if we look on last season as a one off, in that it will never happen again with the behind closed doors and tarriers imploding like never seen before, then all other times gerrard has been in a proper title race his old firm record isn't as good as made out

Neil lennon got the better of him 3 times out of 5, and it would like have been 5 out of 7 had covid not shut the league down 

The idea that throughout gerrards time we were consistently beating them is wildly wrong, only last season we have consistently bettered them and as the players are proving, last season was an abnormality to them and not a sign of the norm 

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Whilst it seems to be 50/50 if he goes if he loses the next 2 old firm games he will be toast.

Fans will turn on him in big time if we get knocked out the cup. If its 4 defeats on the bounce after the giro dome he's as well walking 

6 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Whilst it seems to be 50/50 if he goes if he loses the next 2 old firm games he will be toast.

If that happens they'll certainly be a big demand from the support for him to go. 

However do we really think this board would take that into consideration. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If that happens they'll certainly be a big demand from the support for him to go. 

However do we really think this board would take that into consideration. 

Don't really care about the league game but even Warburton beat them in a semi so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. If Gio manages a trophy it's easier for the board to keep him. He lose the semi and I reckon he's done. Euro results aside he has been a bit of a disaster. 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fans will turn on him in big time if we get knocked out the cup. If its 4 defeats on the bounce after the giro dome he's as well walking 

Fucking unbearable to think about. 

I'm guessing you mean the fans still on his side or on the fence? Plenty have seen enough already.

Just now, GWR1979 said:

Don't really care about the league game but even Warburton beat them in a semi so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. If Gio manages a trophy it's easier for the board to keep him. He lose the semi and I reckon he's done. Euro results aside he has been a bit of a disaster. 

Their complacency at the time helped Warburton massively. They ain't complacent at all when facing us now.

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I reckon he might walk himself if he's on the end of a doing from them. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Fucking unbearable to think about. 

I'm guessing you mean the fans still on his side or on the fence? Plenty have seen enough already.

On the fence id imagine. Those making excuses for him and focusing it all on Gerrard won't take into account this season anymore. They have decided he needs to mould his own team to be judged.

However if you get your arsenal handed to you the majority of the season by a aussie jobber then the damage is done and mentality he will be broken by them.

Needs 2 wins against them and no more league fuck ups to stay in a job imo.

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

The Ross County game was the turning point for me, it meant we went to Parkhead n they could go top with a win. (Not sure but I think they scored a late winner that weekend aswell)

Gerrard was the Manager, Leader and Captain of that team, that's alot to lose mid season, and we replaced him with a guy tht looks to scared to step on the Park at the end of a game.

If we are out of both cups in next couple of weeks , thts the time to get rid,  Cooper from Forest would be my shout

Cooper is a good shout if they don’t get promoted… 

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

Cooper is a good shout if they don’t get promoted… 

The problem with guys like Cooper is you are never sure if they have the strength of personality for it.

He comes across as a football coach in the same way that Warburton did, but so much of managing us is about having a strong personality before anything else and you are just never sure with guys like Cooper.

I am not sure what the answer is in regards to manager , boards and players we bring in but there needs to be a huge attitude shift throughout the club . There is still a defeatist and half arsed almost accepting regular failure attitude that has been allowed to to fester for too long since the shit show of everything after 2012 .

I thought last season might have been the beginning of restoring that attitude back throughout the club which got us to being the most successful team in this country despite the warning signs in both cup competitions. 

I’m not sure where that comes from or if it can even be done over one summer but it needs to start happening pronto or we are in for a long few seasons. 

My issue at the moment is bottle. There is still loads to play for here 

@Rangers_no1 will be able to help me out but am sure if we beat Braga there’s a chance we’ll be seeded for the UCL play off? I may be wrong. That’s huge in the context of next season for example. 

Also we need to start winning cups regularly again, we simply have to win the SC semi final. 

The league is done, I agree but we will need a strong finish as well to take into next season. It’ll be even worse next season if we just collapse to the point where teams believe they can take points off us in any game again.