Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm only basing this on Braga against us and then Sporting against Spurs last week so haven't seen much but the way Sporting interchanged to make space and how quick they played was just a really refreshing style of football.

I've said it in a few different threads but the idea of Dyche or someone with a similar style to that would be dejecting as fuck.

Why? He gets the beat out of what he has, can get a team to defend, has a personality. We won't be defensive in the spl with him.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm only basing this on Braga against us and then Sporting against Spurs last week so haven't seen much but the way Sporting interchanged to make space and how quick they played was just a really refreshing style of football.

I've said it in a few different threads but the idea of Dyche or someone with a similar style to that would be dejecting as fuck.

Yeah he’s a good coach. Think he will go quite far in the game. Think I read that his contract has a 30 million euro release clause in it so they clearly value him highly.

I wouldn’t want somebody like Dyche either. I think he would address some of our problems in the short term but long term it would be a step backwards. There’s no reason in this day and age that you can’t play football that is good to watch, and win too. It shouldn’t have to be a choice between one or the other.

8 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Why? He gets the beat out of what he has, can get a team to defend, has a personality. We won't be defensive in the spl with him.

I don't like 4-4-2 long ball football and I think that's how he'll play even though inevitably he will be able to attack more at a club like ours than he was able to at Burnley.

I also don’t think GVB is actually close to getting the sack from the board. 

I think they’ll know supporters are thinking about it but I think it’ll take losing another two SPFL games in 3 weeks or similar for them to do it. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I posted this in the match thread, but nothing summed us up as a team more than King taking a booking for the team and then 5 or 6 of them pushing him about after it - with only Colak getting in about it, and then Borna eventually backing up Colak.

Cunts like Goldson, Tav, Kent, Lundstram just walking about heads down. Meant to be leaders. Should be in about it, backing up a youngster from the off.

Stems from Gio’s passive approach to everything. Was raging at the time. 

That incident was concerning and one of many reasons why every team in the league will be wishing we were their next game. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I posted this in the match thread, but nothing summed us up as a team more than King taking a booking for the team and then 5 or 6 of them pushing him about after it - with only Colak getting in about it, and then Borna eventually backing up Colak.

Cunts like Goldson, Tav, Kent, Lundstram just walking about heads down. Meant to be leaders. Should be in about it, backing up a youngster from the off.

Stems from Gio’s passive approach to everything. I was raging at the time. 

Was fuckin sickening to watch that.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah fair play to borna

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I also don’t think GVB is actually close to getting the sack from the board. 

I think they’ll know supporters are thinking about it but I think it’ll take losing another two SPFL games in 3 weeks or similar for them to do it. 

Unfortunately your probably correct. Fan power can make a difference though, I'm not hearing anyone say he's the answer. That's very telling, every other failing manager had their supporters 

I think it's inevitable gio will go. He's stubbornly sticking to this approach and it will eventually cost us more points. 

I don't think but the board have any intention of changing manager anytime soon. They'll stick with him until we're pretty much out of the title race. 

Even if he goes. A new manager short term likely gets an improvement in performances. But other issues remain. We still have a squad in need of gutting and we have a DOF who's record shows he can't be trusted to recruit properly. 

I was delighted when Gio was appointed. Someone who has played at the highest level and managed at a decent level in Holland. I was all for him.

However he now reminds of Warburton. Plan B is to do plan A better.

It's just got to get better as we look to be a shambles on the park.

2 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Cut our loses, Before we go years behind.

Robbie Neilson and or Neil Warnock, the latter would bleed out the spinless instantly.

We would be years behind with those names. Gio has to go but not for those names

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yip was screaming from the stands for these cunts to get in about it and help the lad, the full team should have been in about it. Mind back in the days of Souness even Chris Woods would run half the length of the pitch to help out team mates in situations like that

3 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

No he doesn't at all. Just stop posting shite then you won't have to be corrected. 

Do you have ODD? You should look into it.

433 & variations of it are gios choice...433, 4231 which is really 433 considering how high our wingers are.

Gerrard preferred formation? 

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Shite state of affairs when a guy who’s just in the door has more dig/fire than guys that’ve been here for 5 years. Connor Goldson must be the least imposing guy of that size I’ve ever seen as well. He should be terrifying to the opposition, but he’s actually just a big shitebag. 

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

We killed terry munro, had good runs in Europe and had the chance to really build on that but whatever has happened at our club in recent months has totally fucked things.

Something smells.

The board.  They’ve fucked it.  Nae wonder gerrard left.