Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

42 minutes ago, beararse said:

Dyou reckon GVB identified a list of targets for Wilson to go after?

I suspect Wilson has a database and those that we got were the best on his list that were available and affordable.

i might be wrong but I can’t see GVB going to the board and asking for cash to buy Matondo or Yilmaz. Nor would he be aware of Lawrence.

Now, most of the signings may well be dreadful but maybe the alternatives on offer were even worse.

No other way around. I reckon GVB says I need a LB and a striker. 

Wilson comes back with a couple in each position and GVB has the final say.

7 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

We might have asked and they said no thanks. Scotland would be a step down in league quality for a Dutch player. They'd rather go to Germany, France, Italy or Spain.  

You can add England and Belgium to that. Then there's Turkey and Portugal (and Russia pre war)

I'm sure we were highly interested in Veerman, Simmons, Doekhi and Skov Olsen but they chose PSV x2, Union Berlin and Brugge.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

When you think about wingers we could go for, how many actual hug the byline wingers are actually left in modern football?

You still get ones out there but the majority of wide players these days are guys who look to come inside because width tends to be provided by the full backs or wing backs.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Their opportunity to run out of sight ended years ago. Football doesn’t work that way.

How do you explain the trophy count since the turn of the new millennium. If that's not running away out of sight I don't know what is

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You still get ones out there but the majority of wide players these days are guys who look to come inside because width tends to be provided by the full backs or wing backs.

Certainly not giving Ross Wilson a free pass because I want him out the door too, but has he not basically just provided Gio with the players for his shite system?

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Which is fine in most footballing leagues, but in this cesspit of a backwater shitehole, a winger comes inside and they are immediately clattered by two big csber tossing club footed rangers hating bastards lol

6 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Rangers board feel the amount of injuries in GVB’s squad has given him a bit more breathing space until the break for the World Cup.

The board appear to have no appetite to address the Manager or Director of Football positions at this time.

That was over a week ago, alot has changed since then

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Ok take away those 5 or 6 seasons and compare the haul

From 00 to 11

League - Rangers 6 Scum 6

SC - Rangers 5 Scum 5

LC - Rangers 6 Scum 4

Rangers 17 Scum 15

The next 7/8 years are where they won their tainted titles and trebles

Only the past 2/3 years have we managed to draw back to a pretty level pegging/ fair fight

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gio only had a crack at 3 last season, and if we are counting europe then gerrard had a crack at 12

Why wouldn't we count Europe last season? We got to the final.

So Gio last season had a chance to win four trophies, and came up with one.

Don't do that. You know what you're doing and that it doesn't make it right.