Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

No the buck stops with the manager. Always has and always will.

We never signed the players needed in January, he can only work with what he has got. 

The minute Morelos was out against the tarriers it made our job much harder as Roofe has struggled with injury all season yet he could only recall a striker he has no confidence in. 

The board backed Gerrard to the hilt so let's hope Gio gets this also in the summer 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

We never signed the players needed in January, he can only work with what he has got. 

And?

What he has worked with were a team 4 points clear and hes fucked it.

Do we give him 2 years to build his own team and wait for that to go the same way before we accept he's  a pish appointment?

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

And he’s not exactly doing a good job of that is he?

The team needed investment, there’s no denying that, but he still signed four players in January and not one of them has made any impact.

People talk as if he inherited a Caixinha level mess and he didn’t. 

17 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ryan Jack wouldn't have reacted like that with Gerrard which makes me worry about the relationship or respect between Gio and the players. Actually thought it was a bit of a sly dicky move from Jack. A guy who has collected most of his wages from the treatment table. He was also playing pish and on a booking.

I agree I never like players making a scene when they are taken off but it shows they care sometimes, last night however was different it was more a reaction as if to say "you don't know what the fuck you are doing". I know he's been injured a lot but there's no debating his effort or love for the club and is usually a top professional so whatever it is.....something is worryingly off. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

And?

Do we give him 2 years to build his own team and wait for that to go the same way before we accept he's  a pish appointment?

We still signed four players in January and not one of them have made any impact. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

And?

Aye and tarriers backed their manager to the hilt and have not lost in how long. 

We have players under performing and he is stuck with them, give him a chance 

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

A guy in the boozer hit the nail on the head last night . We'd given away possession in the middle and they had a chance and we jogged back and gio stayed in his seat and did nothing . He shouted why you no up there giving them fuckin dogs abuse . Looks like the manager doesn't care so why should the players .

Even in his press conference after a game you'd never know if we won or got beat it's as if he's forgot about it straight away. Maybe he's forgot how shite Scottish football is and hates being here but he'll be lucky to get a job as big as us again if he doesn't turn things around. 

Do the players he wants exist outside of the Barcelona / Real Madrid, etc teams?  Is the plan just to play with the best players on earth?

I was a little worried that he didn't seem to have any favourite or go-to players of his own up his sleeve in that first window. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And?

Or do we become a club who sack managers within months, not having given them a penny to spend on their own players?

See the new guy that comes in, how long does he get? Genuine question.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

No the buck stops with the manager. Always has and always will.

Agree and disagree. No point getting rid of GvB and keeping the same recruitment strategy. Also starting to seem like there is little point in getting rid of Wilson and keeping Gio though.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We still signed four players in January and not one of them have made any impact. 

Yes the board signed them not Gio, Ramsey was just a token gesture by the board unless he stays at ibrox after the summer then he should have been nowhere near Ibrox.  

I blame the board as without Dave King they are fucking useless and I am no fan of Dave King that's how bad it is. 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And?

It's fine to want Gio gone but stop talking pish to suit your agenda. You keep acting like this 4 points clear is some sort of indication that we were playing brilliant and winning at a canter. We were struggling under the previous manager against a team who weren't settled. Also have a look at our European results and domestic points dropped during that period.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We signed 4 players of which only 1 of them were needed and he's the back up right back. Why did we sign sands? Got plenty of cover and he never gets on, why did we sign diallo? Shitebag who doesn't get a game and we're stifling the progression of lowry, why did we sign Ramsey? We needed an immediate impact and we knew he was going to take a while to get fit if he could stay fit. 

The signings were total panic signings imo after Gio said we wouldn't be weaker after the window but ultimately his style of play has made us weaker and wouldn't have mattered what players we signed. 

Last night's result wasn't a disaster in context, but there's an atmosphere amonst the fans and a storm cloud hanging over the club right now, we haven't any patience at the best of times but fuck me we have exercised the little we had on this team.

It's been clear since Christmas what was happening, some gave them the benefit of the doubt, some buried their heads in the sand hoping it would come good encouraged by results in europe.

It's disappointing that from the mutual love and admiration between fans and players after 55, it will end in mutual loathing and a very bad taste in mouths for a lot of this squad.

It really is a chicken and the egg situation. 

The players aren’t performing but is anybody seeing anything from Gio that gives them confidence that he would be getting it right under a different group of signings or players?

Bad tactics and set up, isn’t inspiring the players, doesn’t have any charisma or presence, baffling justifications for team selection.

The squad needs a root and branch clear out, but Dortmund aside, I haven’t seen much from Gio that suggests he’s earned the right to be trusted with a rebuild either.

What annoys the life out of me is we play with wingers and every game he's got a makeshift midfielder playing wide right. Either play wingers or change shape and formation to suit the players at your disposal. Putting aribo, Ramsey and Arfield wide right is pointless as they are far too slow and never hit the byline. Our only pace in the team is Kent and it's soo blatantly obvious what our game plan is that he gets crowded out. 

Fucking shake it up Gio and at least go out with some sort of fight rather than this lacklustre 1 dimensional bullshit we are watching every week at the moment. Show the players who's in charge and if they don't get on board then get them to fuck, otherwise get to fuck yourself. 

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or do we become a club who sack managers within months, not having given them a penny to spend on their own players?

See the new guy that comes in, how long does he get? Genuine question.

He can't be trusted with the rebuild. We've had 2 managers before who only lasted months, Gio is acting the same as them. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I was really trying to remain positive with GVB but I have no idea what we’re trying to do and I think from body language and effort, the players don’t want to play for him anymore. 

I have no idea where this has come from. We won 9 on the bounce when he came in now we don’t even look like scoring and are giving up a defensive howler in every single game. 

Ramsey not starting is really pushing me to go off the manager. Lets be honest you’d have started him last night not this weekend and told him you better be fit next week to play 2 games because you’re starting at home to Braga and the cup semi final. 

If he doesn’t start either of those 2 games GVB is finished with me. Ramsey looks like our only creative and goal threat at the moment and that isn’t something I blame GVB for that’s on Wilson that we still rely so heavily on Morelos 3 years later. 

If GVB goes, so does Wilson and Robertson. 

Jack on been subbed last night was about to blank him until he decided against it last minute. I don't think all is well in that dressing room. 

Despite Jacks explanation of it in the post match btw

Would like to see how his Feyenoord team played in 2017 and somehow managed to win the Eredivise against a really good Ajax team to see how or if he can implement the changes or style to us. Looks like after a quick check the player Berghuis got 18 goals and a couple others posting double figures. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

He can't be trusted with the rebuild. We've had 2 managers before who only lasted months, Gio is acting the same as them. 

He's not doing well with this current crop. How do you know he can't be trusted with developing his own squad?

We've got to give some manager time and opportunity be it GVB or someone else. But all I see on here is folk with complete short termism. Clubs who go down this route of repeatedly changing managers tend to fail.

Rightly or wrongly I suspect that Gio has lost the dressing room. His tactics make no sense to the players and to us.

I think it was Crystal Palace who sacked De Boer after 4 games and held their hands up to their fans and said we got that one wrong. We need similar openness.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Rightly or wrongly I suspect that Gio has lost the dressing room. His tactics make no sense to the players and to us.

I think it was Crystal Palace who sacked De Boer after 4 games and held their hands up to their fans and said we got that one wrong. We need similar openness.

They did but it also took them a while to recover from the amount of money he spent and wasted. We are at a cross road where we either back him or sack him? Both end in financial disaster in my eyes.