Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Shape should have been changed and we should have went for it. We had an unused sub in Balogun if he wanted another defender. Sands is a piss poor footballer and should never have seen that final 

Given we were in the ascendancy at the time, changing the shape night have been negative for us, as it stands his subs worked to an extent in that kent missed a sitter (might have been ruled out who knows) while they didn't have any clear cut chances 

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Given we were in the ascendancy at the time, changing the shape night have been negative for us, as it stands his subs worked to an extent in that kent missed a sitter (might have been ruled out who knows) while they didn't have any clear cut chances 

In the cold light of day the transfer window in January was piss poor and cost us big time.  We had very few options in reality.  

23 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

In the cold light of day the transfer window in January was piss poor and cost us big time.  We had very few options in reality.  

Aye true, a fully fit striker obviously starts and we setup and play differently, roofe was clearly not fit for even half an hour given he didnt even play the scottish cup final, 

37 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Gio can identify players that improve us I am sure. Can Ross Wilson deliver them ? Not so sure based on our ability to pay decent transfer fees and our wage cap. Also it looks like the ability of Ross Wilson's scouting team to unearth raw diamonds is close to zero based on the last two transfer windows. Bit concerned but fingers crossed. Hope we do not lose Gio because of poor recruitment which was a big factor in Gerrard leaving. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Honestly don't see it.  Can't see his strengths.

Versatility is his biggest strength and ball retention.

The problem for Sands is that we have similar players in Jack, Lundstram & Kamara.

In saying that, I expect we will extend the loan.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Versatility is his biggest strength and ball retention.

The problem for Sands is that we have similar players in Jack, Lundstram & Kamara.

In saying that, I expect we will extend the loan.

Versatility to play multiple positions, but I don't see him particularly strong in any of them so far.

Ball retention I've seen, and also seen an improvement from his very early days. But if we need a limited ball recycler who offers little more than that, from what I've sern so far, then we're really not in a great place as it's a waste of a jersey when others do the same but also offer defensive bite or attacking flair etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Pulled it off again. Was made harder with the first leg but he pulls it back once more. 

Huge credit to him. 

Last week I was thinking, "Oh fuck. This guy hasn't got a clue what he's doing bringing in his own players".

Tonight I'm thinking, "What the fuck was I worried about?".