Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

His home record in Europe is remarkable. One shocking VAR decision away from being perfect. 

GIo is  a  European thinker,  the  scummy bastards who run our league are so low that he's not used to it

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Huge credit for being the first Rangers manager to overturn a 0-2 deficit (I think).

I actually think he will have learned something from this. He will still go away from home and try to be rigid and keep the zero but I think he will set us up to be slightly less passive whilst still being solid.

Here’s hoping we do that against PSV we are out tbh, his away record still a concern tbh.

38 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Last week I was thinking, "Oh fuck. This guy hasn't got a clue what he's doing bringing in his own players".

Tonight I'm thinking, "What the fuck was I worried about?".

Haha it’s why we’re in the stands and he’s in the dugout mate we all do it 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

He certainly knows how to get a tune out of us in Europe. 

Domestically I still have my concerns, but that’s for another day 

Tonight's a big one for the team and the coaching staff. Beating a team that plays like that will give everyone confidence domestically as well.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s some howling takes in the early stages of this thread (myself included) :lol: 

Tbf is the start of this thread not as we were chucking the league away and he was just not making substitutions in games? 

I don’t get bumps like this tbh. 

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Tonight's a big one for the team and the coaching staff. Beating a team that plays like that will give everyone confidence domestically as well.

Hopefully mate, I would love to see us dominate domestically aswell as achieve on the European stage 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Tbf is the start of this thread not as we were chucking the league away and he was just not making substitutions in games? 

TBH mate I don't think the bump was an attempt to have a go at others, might be wrong though.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TBH mate I don't think the bump was an attempt to have a go at others, might be wrong though.

If that’s the case then fair enough but there will be people that try to link the two, and there’s literally zero connection between the beginning of this thread and where we are now.

Theres literally a European final and a Scottish Cup win in the middle of the two things 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If that’s the case then fair enough but there will be people that try to link the two, and there’s literally zero connection between the beginning of this thread and where we are now.

Theres literally a European final and a Scottish Cup win in the middle of the two things 

At first I thought this was a recent thread based on last week due to union guys post above, until I went to page 1.

I think the site should have performance threads for each player and manager every season and all the posts go in those threads rather than older ones being bumped(sorry @Bronzy) or multiple threads posted.

Probably the only smart thing that redcafe does. 

51 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

At first I thought this was a recent thread based on last week due to union guys post above, until I went to page 1.

I think the site should have performance threads for each player and manager every season and all the posts go in those threads rather than older ones being bumped(sorry @Bronzy) or multiple threads posted.

Probably the only smart thing that redcafe does. 

My bad I bumped this one because of the title which was general about Gio, I agree about RedCafe way.

No dig at anybody of course. @.Williamson.

18 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

It was after the players shat the bed at home to the tarriers, which made the thread seem strange given the collapse was mostly on the players who had previous of collapsing

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It was after the players shat the bed at home to the tarriers, which made the thread seem strange given the collapse was mostly on the players who had previous of collapsing

Tremendous reading though :lol: people not caring about Euro results and non enity of a manager

Things obviously improved considerably after this thread was created which gives him plenty money in the bank. He can definitely do the job in cups.

The question of whether he has the ability to deliver a league title is still very much in doubt though.