*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

Some surprising changes in key areas from Sunday. We will soon see how it works. At least Gio hasn't stuck with a losing side.

Will be interesting to see how Sakala plays in his preferred position in a very important away game. A first for him. Hopefully his pace bursts them.

Just hope his shooting and composure are  better than he has shown in the past. Huge opportunity to grasp. 

Getting excited now.  

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

People being blinkered by this CL spot this season, with our results in Europe it’s not that unlikely we could qualify too, this game is huge for us not just for this season but also getting seeded for next seasons qualifiers, I’m as pissed aff as anyone this season but writing this game off is mental our biggest game since Fiorentina ffs 

Those people are idiots. 

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some surprising changes in key areas from Sunday. We will soon see how it works. At least Gio hasn't stuck with a losing side.

Will be interesting to see how Sakala plays in his preferred position in a very important away game. A first for him. Hopefully his pace bursts them.

Just hope his shooting and composure are  better than he has shown in the past. Huge opportunity to grasp. 

Getting excited now.  

Sakala should have started on the right instead of Aribo last Sunday.  Water under the bridge I know, but it’s always better to have pace up front.

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

If we are lining up with 5 in midfield and Arfield is at the point of that, then he should be the supply point between midfield and attack. 

Kent and Sakala have been picked for their pace and that they will press. The three central midfielders will are all three who can pick a pass out, but can also carry the ball forward. I think a lot of our play will depend on that. It'll be a lot more tactical and possession based being away from home, so wouldn't be surprised if we are happy with a nil nil. 

I wouldn't agree that passing is one of Arfield's strengths.  Definitely breaking beyond the forwards and trying to get on the end of chances.

Similarly Jack and Kamara aren't really forward thinking midfielders either.

I have a feeling most of our forward passes will come from Godson and Tav.

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

Sakala should have started on the right instead of Aribo last Sunday.  Water under the bridge I know, but it’s always better to have pace up front.

Pissed me off when we play wide players with no pace.  So easy for opposition LB/RBs to mark them. 

Something that needs rectified squad wise in the Summer 

48 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

The fact that Aaron Ramsey cannot get into that 11 in a game of this magnitude, with his calibre, big match experience and style when we have lost our main goal threat is ridiculous.

Especially after the pomp and ceremony which which he was announced.

Ridiculous.

Anyway, lets do this Rangers.

This is exactly the type of game Ramsey should be playing in. 

1 minute ago, shaka said:

I wouldn't agree that passing is one of Arfield's strengths.  Definitely breaking beyond the forwards and trying to get on the end of chances.

Similarly Jack and Kamara aren't really forward thinking midfielders either.

I have a feeling most of our forward passes will come from Godson and Tav.

We’re set up to hit on break, long ball over top for Sakala/Kent will do me fine