*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

37 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Beyond belief mate. Can't believe what I'm watching.

And that’s our captain.

5 mins to go, 1 down in a euro quarter final and decides to take an indirect free quick (despite it being a direct free kick) so that some other cunt can float in a shitey ball.

so many poor crosses, passes and decisions made tonight. 

surely we can’t be that bad collectively next week 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Ramsey looked sharper and probably won more tackles than anyone other than Lundstram in our team on Sunday 

Blowing out his arse at half time on Sunday. He's more of a free spirit than someone to be trusted in a rigid format like tonight.

Next week is the night for Ramsey, tonight was more disciplined though I'm not sure we were great at it.

20 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

who is scoring 2 or 3 for us like? 

Tav pen & a CB at a set piece.

We need to bust this ‘we can’t do it without Morelos’ mindset.

Seems the players are as bad as us for that.

Oh, and an unused sub scored a nice goal for us on Sunday, so he might feasibly chip in.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tonight needed an energetic, dynamic performance against a youthful, explosive outfit.

Ramsey sitting out I agree with. He's not got the speed and defensive quality needed tonight. That said, Arfield was at best mediocre.

Hopefully we just go for it at Ibrox. Reckon this mob could shit their pants.

Agreed we must not sit off this team at home. Their left in a three can be got at.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

We have a core group of players who won the league last season out the park without losing a single game. We do not need a new 11.

I do agree with most of your post though and sadly don't have the answer.

Remember when we used to criticise Gerrards style of get it wide and cross cross cross? At least we knew what we we were trying. All I see from Gio is don't conced (which we're now failing miserably at).

Open question. Does anyone know what our style of play going forward is meant to be?

you have fallen into the trap of thinking 'óh but they done well last season all is well' we didnt strengthen at all over the last two windows. We have stagnated, players are older/past it, some are winding down contracts or are now wanting to move on so yes we do pretty much need a new starting 11.

Who just out of interest would you keep?  

I can name about 5 players from the squad who i would like to see stay and thats about it. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

We have a core group of players who won the league last season out the park without losing a single game. We do not need a new 11.

I do agree with most of your post though and sadly don't have the answer.

Remember when we used to criticise Gerrards style of get it wide and cross cross cross? At least we knew what we we were trying. All I see from Gio is don't conced (which we're now failing miserably at).

Open question. Does anyone know what our style of play going forward is meant to be?

Keep possession at all costs, even if that means passing a free kick on the edge of the opponent's box back to our own goalkeeper within two or three passes.

In all serious, no idea what he's trying to do at the top end of the pitch, but in the other two thirds it's clearly to try and be possession based.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tonight needed an energetic, dynamic performance against a youthful, explosive outfit.

Ramsey sitting out I agree with. He's not got the speed and defensive quality needed tonight. That said, Arfield was at best mediocre.

Hopefully we just go for it at Ibrox. Reckon this mob could shit their pants.

Would agree with this.

If we had signed Messi, I would not have played him either as he would not track back. Better to stick with Roofe IMO.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Blowing out his arse at half time on Sunday. He's more of a free spirit than someone to be trusted in a rigid format like tonight.

Next week is the night for Ramsey, tonight was more disciplined though I'm not sure we were great at it.

He’s been trusted by better teams than us against better teams than Braga in bigger games than tonight 

In his place what exactly did Arfield, Jack and Kamara offer tonight? I didn’t really see much discipline or rigidity from any of them 

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

you have fallen into the trap of thinking 'óh but they done well last season all is well' we didnt strengthen at all over the last two windows. We have stagnated, players are older/past it, some are winding down contracts or are now wanting to move on so yes we do pretty much need a new starting 11.

Who just out of interest would you keep?  

I can name about 5 players from the squad who i would like to see stay and thats about it. 

I said I agree with most of your post. The exception was that we need a full new 11. By keeping 5 you also agree with that mate.

Is it just me or does Gio seem to have his favorites that always play now? 

I really don't think he rates Roofe or Davis at all. Diallo is a passenger.

We can't start that same 11 at Ibrox. No creativity at all. I'd love to see Davis and Ramsey in the same midfield. Loads of quick direct passing looking for spaces. 2 defensive midfielders is so constraining going forward. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think you’re right on that.

May not have been pretty (I’m probably being generous describing it as that), but better Rangers teams than this would have bitten your arm off, to come back to Ibrox in a European quarter final, with only a single goal deficit.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Absolute balls to anyone who watched the Wales game the other week, or even if you watch his highlights for Juventus where he seemed to have a role breaking up and making the play.

Let’s put it in context. They have only lost 3 times in last 18 Euro games at home. 1 of which was us. They beat Benfica at weekend - who gave Liverpool a hard game last week. They are nobody’s mugs and we are still in with a good chance of getting through to the semi’s

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Absolute balls to anyone who watched the Wales game the other week, or even if you watch his highlights for Juventus were he seemed to have a role breaking up and making the play.

You could see on Sunday he done loads of tracking back and making tackles simply because no one else was doing their job behind him 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

100 percent.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The defence:

Tav's worst game in months. His distribution was brutal.

Goldson - Also, his passes out of defence went straight to Braga players.

Balogun - looked shaky all game.

Bassey - He lets too many balls go over his head. Had a nightmare FH, better SH.

One of the worst defensive showings I have seen in years and it seems to be only getting worse.

We need Helander back fit and playing well.

We are fxcked season over :(

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The defence:

Bassey - He lets too many balls go over his head. Had a nightmare FH, better SH.

One of the worst defensive showings I have seen in years and it seems to be only getting worse.

and im not disagreeing with you mate but we only lost 1 goal 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The defence:

Worst defensive showings? 😄😄