Alfie season over

leam_baw

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He was clearly injured before going to Columbia. 

Not sure I get the club's angle on that one.

He was sitting with an ice pack on prior to going away with Columbia but they seem to think none of us noticed that. 🤔 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Step forward

07CC47A4-2024-43A6-975C-CE04FE21E2C8.jpeg.7721373a7ff1a5a3f5aa068a16d6bc5f.jpeg

seriously though the season us well and truly fucked…..might as well just play promising youths now

100% agree but it's just not the way of modern football

You throw King, Lowry or Weston in now for the remaining games/ Semi Final etc & you're just setting them up for a massive fall they'll never recover from 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

100% agree but it's just not the way of modern football

You throw King, Lowry or Weston in now for the remaining games/ Semi Final etc & you're just setting them up for a massive fall they'll never recover from 

You’re probably right, it’s one thing giving them time if things are going well, or maybe if it was behind closed doors but with a frustrated home crowd it’s likely to be detrimental for them, unless they are made of the really strong stuff……at least we’d know they could handle the pressure unlike Tav and Goldson

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tbf, their wingers are actually good, and can score goals. 

We’ve got Ryan Kent and Joe Aribo

I think we should stay away from homegrown English players in the future, they'll always be looking to get back to England, I know most players want that but it looks to me like it affects them lads more regarding when they turn it on and not.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You’re probably right, it’s one thing giving them time if things are going well, or maybe if it was behind closed doors but with a frustrated home crowd it’s likely to be detrimental for them, unless they are made of the really strong stuff……at least we’d know they could handle the pressure unlike Tav and Goldson

Aye you need to give them time when things are going well or at least before we get to this point

Lowry should've stayed in the squad around the time Hagi got injured. He'd already been playing & looked good.

King I would've had in alongside Goldson when Balogun/Helander had their injuries but we persisted with Bassey at CB and Barisic at LB

Weston is a bit tougher as we've always had options in Roofe & Sakala then brought Itten back in January, as shite as they are they're option's and no manager is playing a kid before them

25 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If you believe the Lille offer, it was supposed to be around that figure and we knocked it back

If anything, his European reputation is even higher now than at that point, the club will 100% be looking for that kind of fee for him

Personally, I think we wanted Kent to sign a new deal & sell Morelos + a few others for our transfer budget.

I think that will be flipped around now & we'll be pushing Morelos to sign a deal & depending on how bad this injury is, he might actually have no choice.

Problem is with 12 months left on his deal, your only likely getting 70% best-case of his full market value. 

He’s the one of Kent, Aribo, Goldson that I can actually see staying beyond summer.

Ross Wilson needs to get his finger out and get him on a new deal. The other 3 can go IMO, they aren’t as big a loss to us as people think

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Have we ever tried Sakala up top?

I think Gerrard played him up top once or twice and he wasn't great from what I remember, although if we persist in playing the same style we would with Alfie up top, I would try him rather than Roofe, even though Roofe is the far better player.

I think Sakala would do a lot more running than Roofe, and would turn and run at players. 

I like Roofe but can't see him being successful if we try and shoehorn him into a system that goes against his natural game.

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Problem is with 12 months left on his deal, your only likely getting 70% best-case of his full market value. 

He’s the one of Kent, Aribo, Goldson that I can actually see staying beyond summer.

Ross Wilson needs to get his finger out and get him on a new deal. The other 3 can go IMO, they aren’t as big a loss to us as people think

Aye before today's news I think Morelos would've left and you're right, we probably get somewhere around 70% of his value.

After this, I'd say it's more likely he signs an extension or ends up leaving on a free. 

No club is coming in with 8 figures for a player just back from a long term injury and an OP so either we take a lowball offer, we get him to sign or we lose him for nothing

Shocking state of affairs 

37 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Wonder if the injury will influence interest in him this summer.

3 seasons in a row with mediocre domestic league numbers.

Who’d pay big bucks for a striker who isn’t tearing it up in Scotland?