Alfie season over

leam_baw

We’ve fucked him over here! He’s been run into the ground! Was obvious he was injured at Red Star but played on then played almost 90 minutes in the league at Dundee whilst clearly fucked! Yet we’re somehow trying to pin it on Colombia 🥴 We could have got through the likes of Dundee in the cup & League and probably Red Star away as well with him on the bench! 

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

3 seasons in a row with mediocre domestic league numbers.

Who’d pay big bucks for a striker who isn’t tearing it up in Scotland?  

Dembele went for close to 20 with his last season only 9 goals in the SPL. 

Edouard went for 13-14 m with 18 goals

Both where for European goals and their pedigree more than goals

I actually think Morelos is a better player now than when he was scoring 30 goals as it is his all round play which has dramatically improved. People will look at that along with Europe

Not how many goals he has scored in the SPL

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I actually think Morelos is a better player now than when he was scoring 30 goals as it is his all round play which has dramatically improved. People will look at that along with Europe

As good as he is, Nobody is putting in bids for an injured player who has just had surgery. 

Could be looking at 3/4 months healing time and potential buyers will want a look at how he performs before bidding. The issue now is that this is his last season and wouldn't surprise me if this board take a low as fuck offer before he goes on a free.

That's what happens when your thin on strikers and let a transfer window pass without bringing in a decent striker, we know roofe is injury prone, but bringing itten back in January was a catastrophic failure by Wilson and the board, fkn arsholes. Lies firmly at their door.

47 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I think that will be flipped around now & we'll be pushing Morelos to sign a deal & depending on how bad this injury is, he might actually have no choice.

Unfortunately for us, going into the last year of his contract, he has all the choices. Love him to bits, he was the one shining star during many dark periods, but with the benefit of hindsight we kept him one season too long

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The boy who hasn't scored for them yet?

His name needs to stop getting thrown into the mix. 

I doubt he will make it with us.

Bit unfair he’s in a dugshit team and he’s only 19. Surely giving him a shot with us isn’t any worse than the 3million pound itten 

Just now, Ladytonbear said:

Unfortunately for us, going into the last year of his contract, he has all the choices. Love him to bits, he was the one shining star during many dark periods, but with the benefit of hindsight we kept him one season too long

That's something we seem to have done a hell of a lot in our recent past. Patterson is one of the few players i can think of who i can say we have sold well and at a good time.

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Edouard has one less league goal than Alf in 30 fewer appearances. (I know he took penalties).

I think we’ve missed peak cash in value on Alf.

9 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Time to change formation and play with Sakala and possibly Kent up top in a 3-5-2(5-3-2) formation. 

See against dortmund Kent and Alfie up front worked well, now roofe can’t ragdoll defenders or hold the ball up and itten should be able to but is shit, so not sure kent with anyone other than Alfie will work.

7 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

Would've been worth the risk if we had won the league, the fact we haven't means aye its been 1 season too long

Personally, I think he'll either be forced into signing a deal or we'll lose him for nothing.

13 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Time to change formation and play with Sakala and possibly Kent up top in a 3-5-2(5-3-2) formation. 

Only thing I can see us doing now. Nobody in our team can play the loan striker role. Nobody. Yet another example of splendid recruitment.