McLaughlin in for McGregor?

pacino1690

Has to be McLaughlin for me. Despite probably being the 2nd best keeper in my lifetime at the club, we are too vulnerable from crosses now with McGregor.

The thought of us playing West Ham in a Europa final, with the likes of Soucek given free license to get on the end of crosses in the six yard box already gives me the fear.

I think McGregor is a much better shot stopper but McLaughlin is much quicker off his line and better with his distribution - which is really important for the way we play. 

I don’t think McLaughlin is sufficient quality to be number one but is an excellent backup. Ideally or next season we’d be looking for a new number one that can combine McGregor and McLaughlin’s best traits. 

On 17/04/2022 at 17:30, STRUTH82 said:

Hands like shovels, clearing corners with a Tyson like punches sending the ball 40 yards from goal....he's more than capable.

I'll leave it to the boss to decide though.

What sort of nonsense statement is that to make? Of course you will, no other cunt except Gio will be allowed to decide 

• Clemdog changed the title to McLaughlin for McGregor for the Rest of Season?
  • Clemdog changed the title to McLaughlin in for McGregor?
18 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Decent today. Didn't really get tested. Beaten with a deflection.

Claimed crosses well. Only mistake was that corner when he tried to control it on the line. 

Bassey shouldn’t have been constantly passing it back to him and putting him under pressure tbf. 

10 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Felt a bit safer at corners and helps with playing out from the back but if it got to pens I wanted shagger on 

its defo a difficult one, I'm probably still leaning towards McGregor but not by much as I defo feel McLaughlin commands his box more

McGregor alone has cost us at least 11 points in the league this year. 11 fucking points. He also played a major part in 4 out of the last 5 goals the tims scored against us before Sunday.

If there's even the slightest bit of hope left for the league then McGregor simply cannot play, cost us far too much already. 

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We wouldn't have got to the semi-final without Shagger.

McGregor all day long.

i genuinely cant give an answer but posts in this thread show mcgregor has cost us points and maybe the league could that go on to cost us a european cup or does his big game mentality and experience come into play 

Feel bad for McGregor but really has to be McLaughlin till end of season. An audition to see if he genuinely can be 1st choice next season. Never felt nervous with him as have with McGregor this season (bar the dribble out the park Sunday). Difficult scenario; feels as if nothing to lose based McGregor's overall form this season and yet everything to lose with what's still to play for and maybe the possibility of McGregor actually coming into some form. 

I think McGregor is fantastic for all he’s down for us but the difference this season is confidence. Historically I always felt in a one on one or high pressure situation he would bail us out. Same with Goram. On his day he remains outstanding. We traditionally say he’s worth 10-15 points a season. But he’s made too many mistakes this year that have cost us points. I no longer have that confidence in him. There can’t be room for sentimentality.