McLaughlin in for McGregor?

pacino1690

53 minutes ago, pacino1690 said:

As title suggests Gio needs to pull the trigger on this.We seem so much more assured with big Jon between the sticks.Macgregor still has the odd wonder save up his sleave but been lacking in every other department this season.

How can you think his name is “Macgregor”? 

48 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Big decision in the cup final to make.

McLaughlin has been the cup keeper this season but the Scottish cup final could be McGregor’s last game for the club and the final one in his career.

He's never played in a Scottish Cup Final for us either.

On the bench in 02, 03 and 09 and injured in 08.

57 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He really shouldn't.

As good a back up as you could hope to have, but he won't keep us in/win us games with 'how the fuck did he save that' saves. And that's what we need.

Mate that was a brilliant way to sum it up. 👍

I’d choose McLaughlin going forward.

We seemed a lot less panicked playing out from the back. Playing against an aggressive press. And that filters through our whole play style.

Also much more assured from corners and crosses.

Mclaughlin much quicker footwork/coming off his line.

Mcgregor still pulls out a wonder save now and again that McLaughlin can’t. But also costs us a fair few with brain farts.

for me i would have JM in nets, commands his box so well takes all sorts of pressure of the defence and is not rooted to his line causing all sorts of goal mouth scrambles.  shagger has been one of the best goalkeepers to play for Rangers but for me its time to let JM in goals. 

Think he deserves a shot at number 1 next season. Reminds me of when we had Neil Alexander, who was a different type of GK to Shagger but also got his opportunity at times. 

He comes off his line very well and his kicking and calmness on the ball are good. If he’s not as good a shot stopper but does those other 2 well, he’ll be more than capable domestically

Going forward , yes . So refreshing having a goalie coming out for crosses . 

Scotland seems to play ' get the crosses in ' much more than Europe , so I'd be tempted to play McLaughlin domestically and Greegs in Europe, where his shot stopping has played a big part in our progress.