***** The Official Motherwell v Champions (Opposition) Match Thread *****

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Bit unfair on the lad, given he only had half an hour. I thought he was looking busier today than previous showings. Still raw and needs a run of games to build his confidence. Wish he'd try & beat a player like wright did on 75m (?). Amazing turn of pace and unfortunate the move broke down. I was secretly hoping Gio would bring him on for the last 20 mins just to give him more minutes....and take the piss :lol: 

I agree with this. He was lively. I thought we were getting a player who would run at opponents and take a man on but he doesn't seem like that. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree with this. He was lively. I thought we were getting a player who would run at opponents and take a man on but he doesn't seem like that. 

From the little I have seen of him....seems to want to jink inside and look for a chance to shoot. If that's not on, he seems to run out of ideas and passes. Not sure what his ideal position is tbh.....maybe would be good as a No 10, but I don't think he has teh confidence for that yet!

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

From the little I have seen of him....seems to want to jink inside and look for a chance to shoot. If that's not on, he seems to run out of ideas and passes. Not sure what his ideal position is tbh.....maybe would be good as a No 10, but I don't think he has the confidence for that yet!

I thought in the cup game against Stirling Albion he played more as a ten and showed something. Hard to judge though.

17 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Bit unfair on the lad, given he only had half an hour. I thought he was looking busier today than previous showings. Still raw and needs a run of games to build his confidence. Wish he'd try & beat a player like wright did on 75m (?). Amazing turn of pace and unfortunate the move broke down. I was secretly hoping Gio would bring him on for the last 20 mins just to give him more minutes....and take the piss :lol: 

Not saying he was poor or dreadful 😄. That was Kamara. But I don't think he really stepped up and gave the manager thoughts for him starting for the next game. Yeah only 30 mins but for me he's not taken the opportunity and was the no brainer to take off.

Harsh? Maybe. But don't think he'd any impact monents on the game in 30 mins that I can recall. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's nonsense about Kamara. You could tell he was desperate to stay on after a slight niggle.

Are you telling me he has stopped trying and doesn't want a start in a Euro semi & Scottish Cup? 

I don't believe it. He is just having a poor season in comparison to last year. I can't put my finger on it but I highly doubt it is because he doesn't give a fuck.

Course he wants to start the bigger games but games like today, aye he doesn't give a fuck now, his heads already out the door if you ask me.

38 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

If the Motherwell player hadnt lifted his leg it would have been broken. Clear red card for endangering an opponent, it's irrelevant if you win the ball or not. We should not appeal it.

The tackle on Wright should have been a red for the same reason. Next year it will be, as the ref made a clear and obvious mistake.

On the Balogun tackle specifically - where the defender wins the ball but his foot bounces / rolls over the top of the ball onto the other guy’s shin, it’s almost invariably given as a red card.

Ordinarily, I would say we shouldn’t be wasting our time with an appeal, but that is exactly the same tactic the tramps would try, if it was one of their players, so if we can use it to our benefit, why not?

32 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good summary. Agree with it apart from the Balogun red card. He made an unessecary tackle and was out of position so stupid, but shouldn't have been a red card. He got to the ball first and went over it. Zero intent to hurt the player imo. 

We showed some real bottle to come back from it though. You'd think Motherwell were the team a man down. 

Don't need intent. It's about the endangerment and that speed with high studs was only going to have one outcome.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't need intent. It's about the endangerment and that speed with high studs was only going to have one outcome.

i don't think a player in green would have been given a straight red so early in a game for a tackle like that, unless the ref is due to retire.

3 minutes ago, Unionblue said:

i don't think a player in green would have been given a straight red so early in a game for a tackle like that, unless the ref is due to retire.

Scott Brown got away with them for a decade so you're likely right. But for 11 other teams, it's a red.

Just going on from what I seen at the game as not seen any highlights or footage;

Stupid challenge by Balogun, gave Walsh the option to red card but think it was the right decision.

Wright finally showed some end product.

Davis masterclass in midfield played himself right into contention for the semi, take note Kamara.

Sakala looks as if he doesn’t know what the fuck he is doing but today most of it came off.

Walsh was wonderfully inconsistent.

Motherwell are dog shit.

Bring on Leipzig, we’re the famous Glasgow Rangers and we’re off to Germany 🇬🇧

40 minutes ago, HG5 said:

On the Balogun tackle specifically - where the defender wins the ball but his foot bounces / rolls over the top of the ball onto the other guy’s shin, it’s almost invariably given as a red card.

Ordinarily, I would say we shouldn’t be wasting our time with an appeal, but that is exactly the same tactic the tramps would try, if it was one of their players, so if we can use it to our benefit, why not?

Because if any team done the same we would laugh at how stupid they were being.

Because the punishment gets worse after a lost appeal.

Because we should maintain that we are better than them.

Because it lessens our credibility when challenging other red cards.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aye, the Motherwell player crying like a wee lassie pretending he was flattened by a HGV then running about fresh as a daisy once the red card was shown. :craphead:

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good summary. Agree with it apart from the Balogun red card. He made an unessecary tackle and was out of position so stupid, but shouldn't have been a red card. He got to the ball first and went over it. Zero intent to hurt the player imo. 

We showed some real bottle to come back from it though. You'd think Motherwell were the team a man down. 

It was the clearest red card I have seen recently it was completely over the ball the worst kind of tackle you can make  it was a shocker ! 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Aye, the Motherwell player crying like a wee lassie pretending he was flattened by a HGV then running about fresh as a daisy once the red card was shown. :craphead:

Jings. The Motherwell player was very lucky not to be seriously injured. The point is it was a terrible over the top tackle  the consequence of the player being injured or not has no bearing on the decision to dish out a red card 

Just now, GeeSS said:

It was the clearest red card I have seen recently it was completely over the ball the worst kind of tackle you can make  it was a shocker ! 

:craphead:

So worse than  a two footed stud tackle from behind?

Worse then walking up and punching the cunt after he passes?

Worse than booting a player in the balls whilst singing a sectarian song?

Aye, should be banned for life for the worst tackle ever. :craphead:

1 minute ago, GeeSS said:

Jings. The Motherwell player was very lucky not to be seriously injured. The point is it was a terrible over the top tackle  the consequence of the player being injured or not has no bearing on the decision to dish out a red card 

It was a red but a light one imo. Cunts have got off with a lot worse against us this season. 

Worst tackle in history mate according to some.

50 game ban.

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

:craphead:

So worse than  a two footed stud tackle from behind?

Worse then walking up and punching the cunt after he passes?

Worse than booting a player in the balls whilst singing a sectarian song?

Aye, should be banned for life for the worst tackle ever. :craphead:

An over the ball tackle is the worst kind of tackle in football. Yes worse that a two footed  your other two examples are stupid and  shows a lack of playing experience  I am not saying he should be banned for more games but it can’t be defended it was a clear red 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It was a red but a light one imo. Cunts have got off with a lot worse against us this season. 

Worst tackle in history mate according to some.

50 game ban.

Not the worst example of an over the ball tackle I agree and I don’t think there was any intent to hurt the opponent but it’s a red card