***** The Official Motherwell v Champions (Opposition) Match Thread *****

18 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I agree. Good assessment.

i think we have missed him in the tight games. I know it’s hard to say what could have happened, but in the games we’ve been ahead, county away, well at home, that could have been another  4 points better off.

means the 2 defeats against them it would still leave the league technically in our own hands. Can’t worry about that now I suppose. 
i hope the manager uses Davis more from now on.

If he’s leaving, and he probably will be, I hope he gets more game time. 

I think that's a good shout tbh mate. 

6 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

You can't say that about Diallo when he got hooked after 30 minutes, fuck sake he was doing fine 😂

Don't really think he did much on the time he was on. Thought he played within himself though yeah, his opportunity was cut short. The fact it was him not Wright or Sakala taken off though suggests the manager felt others were offering more, which they were.

1 minute ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Group of players who dig deep for one another. Things you love to see.

Especially happy for Scott Wright getting the winning goal. Some of the comments about him in this thread at half time were embarrassing.

Nope. Happy for Wright all the same, but still not good enough to be a Rangers player. If he hadn’t score the goal he’d be getting pelters. Standards. 🤷‍♂️

Really liked what we seen from Wright today, the kinda performance you expect from someone who's been on the bench a lot, full of positivity and done his chances no harm at all 

Compare that to Kamara, its night and day. Guy really has been a joke this season, can't wait to see the back of him as its clear he couldn't give a fuck anymore.

The last helicopter Sunday had them beat us at Ibrox 2-1 at the beginning of the split and go into the last 4 games 5 points ahead. 

League is probably gone but last weekend kicked life back into my belief until they at least win tomorrow 

2 hours ago, goaaaal said:

I'd say Balogun got to the ball first a fraction before the well player it actually rolls under his boot it is for me a genuine attempt at a block tackle .

Yet to watch that cunt crumple on the floor like he's been poleaxed is laughable a yellow at best .

If the Motherwell player hadnt lifted his leg it would have been broken. Clear red card for endangering an opponent, it's irrelevant if you win the ball or not. We should not appeal it.

The tackle on Wright should have been a red for the same reason. Next year it will be, as the ref made a clear and obvious mistake.

6 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

If the Motherwell player hadnt lifted his leg it would have been broken. Clear red card for endangering an opponent, it's irrelevant if you win the ball or not. We should not appeal it.

The tackle on Wright should have been a red for the same reason. Next year it will be, as the ref made a clear and obvious mistake.

If Porteous had done what Balogun had today we’d be frothing at the mouth about it, not claiming it was a yellow. 

57 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The last helicopter Sunday had them beat us at Ibrox 2-1 at the beginning of the split and go into the last 4 games 5 points ahead. 

League is probably gone but last weekend kicked life back into my belief until they at least win tomorrow 

Aye I think tomorrow will decide this one. If they go and scud Ross County then it’s done tbh. If they draw or lose then it’s game on. 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Really liked what we seen from Wright today, the kinda performance you expect from someone who's been on the bench a lot, full of positivity and done his chances no harm at all 

Compare that to Kamara, its night and day. Guy really has been a joke this season, can't wait to see the back of him as its clear he couldn't give a fuck anymore.

That's nonsense about Kamara. You could tell he was desperate to stay on after a slight niggle.

Are you telling me he has stopped trying and doesn't want a start in a Euro semi & Scottish Cup? 

I don't believe it. He is just having a poor season in comparison to last year. I can't put my finger on it but I highly doubt it is because he doesn't give a fuck.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Several fringe players really stepped up today - Davis, Wright, Sakala.

Others not so much - Amad, Kamara

Thought Balogun was stupid and deserved his red. Their yellow/red  foul plus a 2 footed tackle on Tav, plus no yellows for pull backs, showed typical inconsistency. 

A good win given the circumstances.

On we march.

Good summary. Agree with it apart from the Balogun red card. He made an unessecary tackle and was out of position so stupid, but shouldn't have been a red card. He got to the ball first and went over it. Zero intent to hurt the player imo. 

We showed some real bottle to come back from it though. You'd think Motherwell were the team a man down. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Several fringe players really stepped up today - Davis, Wright, Sakala.

Others not so much - Amad, Kamara

Thought Balogun was stupid and deserved his red. Their yellow/red  foul plus a 2 footed tackle on Tav, plus no yellows for pull backs, showed typical inconsistency. 

A good win given the circumstances.

On we march.

Bit unfair on the lad, given he only had half an hour. I thought he was looking busier today than previous showings. Still raw and needs a run of games to build his confidence. Wish he'd try & beat a player like wright did on 75m (?). Amazing turn of pace and unfortunate the move broke down. I was secretly hoping Gio would bring him on for the last 20 mins just to give him more minutes....and take the piss :lol: