*****The Official Europa League Finalists vs Ross County Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Edgar knows hee haw and is trying to be exclusive by starting a rumour. Goldson and all the players applaud the fans after every game.

did u see it on Sunday? We'll need a whole new team next season imo

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s a lie. If we lose they canny wait to shoot up the tunnel, apart from Goldson and Lundstram

We do have hiders. Have had for a while. I remember after progress Jordan Rossiter coming out and giving one of the best and most honest interviews.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We do have hiders. Have had for a while. I remember after progress Jordan Rossiter coming out and giving one of the best and most honest interviews.

Couldn’t care about interviews or anything but players that love all the applause and celebrating with fans after wins but canny get away up the tunnel fast enough after a loss will always annoy me

Good result tonight some of the play was superb to watch Lowry especially, deserved motm .

At 2-0 we switched off cracking goal from the lad but players have to release that ball and not lose possession when despite the chase he lost control gifting County the build up to their goal.

Rangers look more like the team that won the League playing with confidence but that game at Ibrox gifted those cunts the League it still pissed me off seeing that pile of shite get credit they don't deserve .

Massive week for the Rangers to look forward to but they like us should be fucking angry at surrendering the league take that and turn it around with two massive games for themselves and everyone connected with RFC.

Don't really buy into the narrative of the Old Firm at the new year getting shifted was what lost us the league. Can't really moan about it, I might be wrong but I think every team voted for it bar us. The tims took advantage of it by bringing in a few players.

If your looking solely on the league campaign for me anyway It's hard to argue against our own inconsistency being the major factor in us not retaining it, well that, individual mistakes and an annoying level of consistency they found. As other posters have said you'll struggle to win the league if you drop points to Motherwell at home twice, Aberdeen twice, Hearts in the dying minutes of the game, Dundee United twice, Ross County and that's before you even look at a result against them. Individual mistakes have cost us as well but would take a while looking through all of them.

In no way happy about losing the league this season but not as angry as I thought I would be and there's a obvious reason, a week today. In seven days we can achieve the unimaginable. The way I look at it is the way football is set up now a team from our league isn't meant to get this far in Europe never mind being in touching distance of glory, this could be backed up by UEFA bringing in a third competition just for the smaller nations to get more European football. But this team are on the brink, the brink of creating history that will live with us for the rest of our lives, a chance to join the Barca Bears of 72'. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine we'd win a European trophy in my lifetime and they are so close. 

They made us dream and they're so close to making it a reality.

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I hear the bold part in your post a lot but the fact is, without celtic requesting a stoppage, it would never have been thought of never mind voted upon.

I know they requested it, but every team voted for it because they were looking after their own interest. Personally I was against it I would have much rather played them at the original date. Maybe it would’ve changed the result of the league maybe it wouldn’t have, my main point was how when I look back on this seasons league campaign the first thing I’ll think about his how often we shot ourselves in the foot. But here’s hoping all goes well in six days and tbh the league campaign will never cross my mind again. :lol:

7 hours ago, Dickie said:

They all voted to hand them the league 2 years ago so is that ok as well.

Nah that wasn’t okay, it was down right disgusting what happened that season. But there’s a bit of a difference from giving a team the league title and the other 10 clubs voting to push a break forward to get their fans back in the stadiums so they didn’t lose there main source of revenue, I’ve absolutely no doubt that celtic suggested and voted for a postponement to get players fit and bring new players in, their vote was fuck all to do with the fans. 

9 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Don't really buy into the narrative of the Old Firm at the new year getting shifted was what lost us the league. Can't really moan about it, I might be wrong but I think every team voted for it bar us. The tims took advantage of it by bringing in a few players.

If your looking solely on the league campaign for me anyway It's hard to argue against our own inconsistency being the major factor in us not retaining it, well that, individual mistakes and an annoying level of consistency they found. As other posters have said you'll struggle to win the league if you drop points to Motherwell at home twice, Aberdeen twice, Hearts in the dying minutes of the game, Dundee United twice, Ross County and that's before you even look at a result against them. Individual mistakes have cost us as well but would take a while looking through all of them.

In no way happy about losing the league this season but not as angry as I thought I would be and there's a obvious reason, a week today. In seven days we can achieve the unimaginable. The way I look at it is the way football is set up now a team from our league isn't meant to get this far in Europe never mind being in touching distance of glory, this could be backed up by UEFA bringing in a third competition just for the smaller nations to get more European football. But this team are on the brink, the brink of creating history that will live with us for the rest of our lives, a chance to join the Barca Bears of 72'. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine we'd win a European trophy in my lifetime and they are so close. 

They made us dream and they're so close to making it a reality.

If i remember right, the break being brought forward meant that Morelos then missed a bunch of games when we restarted. We then struggled up front during this period which led to probably our poorest period in the league. There have been other times where we have blown in from winning positions, Ross County (3-3) and Motherwell (2-2) come to mind.

4 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

If i remember right, the break being brought forward meant that Morelos then missed a bunch of games when we restarted. We then struggled up front during this period which led to probably our poorest period in the league. There have been other times where we have blown in from winning positions, Ross County (3-3) and Motherwell (2-2) come to mind.

Off the top of my head he 100% missed the disasterclass at parkhead. And I think the other two were livi at home and the Ross county 3-3 game, don’t know how much of a difference he would’ve made those two games we dropped points. Aye that has been dreadful this season just of the top of my head I think it’s around 13 points dropped from winning positions. Anyway fuck it win next Wednesday and that eclipses any achievement in Scottish football ever and the 2021/22 season will be remembered for that. 

20 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Off the top of my head he 100% missed the disasterclass at parkhead. And I think the other two were livi at home and the Ross county 3-3 game, don’t know how much of a difference he would’ve made those two games we dropped points. Aye that has been dreadful this season just of the top of my head I think it’s around 13 points dropped from winning positions. Anyway fuck it win next Wednesday and that eclipses any achievement in Scottish football ever and the 2021/22 season will be remembered for that. 

I think Morelos missed around 5 games or so in that period. Roofe was just coming back from injury which isn't ideal as he always needs a few games or so to get up to speed. We were absolutely toothless up front in that spell and it is only recently since Alfie got injured that we are now managing to be able to play and score without him.