England Omission

7 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

In form he’s better than Justin, Trippier. Not as good as TAA or James. Not far off though. Tav would look mint in that Liverpool team. He’s a better player than Robertson who always looks so average for Scotland.

Would be delighted for him to earn a cap. But tbh one of the reasons he’s been so consistent, fit and injury free given the running he does are the international breaks. So good for us he isn’t 

😂😂😂Ffs 

1) He's miles away from TAA and reece James. 

2) He's certainly not better than Robertson. 

3) He's not a left back 🤦

20 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

😂😂😂Ffs 

1) He's miles away from TAA and reece James. 

2) He's certainly not better than Robertson. 

3) He's not a left back 🤦

Obviously he’s not a left back. My point was I’ve watched Robertson play 50+ times for Scotland and he’s been very very average. It’s very easy to look good in the system that Liverpool play. Which basically relies on being semi athletic, getting the ball in space and putting a cross in.

Would Tavernier look world class in that Liverpool team? Probably yes

Has Tavernier been a better player this season than Robertson? I think it’s close. Arguably better. Let’s take his Europa league stats. Which the average opposition is similar to mid table premier league. And he has over double the goal involvement percentages. A better tackle completion, aerial duals won and successful clearances.

And that’s in a less dominant team.

It would be close but if I could choose Robbo or Tavernier to play for us next season I’d choose Tav. 

On 27/05/2022 at 11:05, SIRB_72 said:

No he doesn't there are 3 guys in there that play regularly in the top 3 clubs in England and probably top 5/6 in Europe. One of them arguably being best right back in the world in TAA.

I'd agree with the latter if you were talking about Kent but Tav isn't going anywhere. We aren't trying to market him or sell him off considering he's 31 in October.

Trent ahead, even if he had a howler tonight. 

The others. Ffs we sell our players short. Tav proven on the European stage, putting up obscene numbers for a rb. 

Tav wouldn't be a starter. But should definitely be in contention for a spot in the squad. Never will be and its a shame. 

Aren't trying to market tav, but on merit should be in with a big shout. We're a mammoth club, starting to establish ourselves (arguably more than 10-20 years ago) as a team others want to avoid in Europe. Tavs been instrumental in that, and I doubt other England rbs would of had the same overall impact in our squad. 

Just a shame he doesn't get the recognition he deserves from down south. But I guess we don't either. No wonder they've won nout despite all the money over the years. 

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Obviously he’s not a left back. My point was I’ve watched Robertson play 50+ times for Scotland and he’s been very very average. It’s very easy to look good in the system that Liverpool play. Which basically relies on being semi athletic, getting the ball in space and putting a cross in.

Would Tavernier look world class in that Liverpool team? Probably yes

Has Tavernier been a better player this season than Robertson? I think it’s close. Arguably better. Let’s take his Europa league stats. Which the average opposition is similar to mid table premier league. And he has over double the goal involvement percentages. A better tackle completion, aerial duals won and successful clearances.

And that’s in a less dominant team.

It would be close but if I could choose Robbo or Tavernier to play for us next season I’d choose Tav. 

Could tav play for Scotland at this point? Been up here a while. 

16 hours ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Could tav play for Scotland at this point? Been up here a while. 

Not under the current rules. We used to have a "gentleman's agreement" between all the home nations FA's that they wouldn't call up players from another part of the UK who were eligible only by virtue of playing and living in the country for 5 years (I think it is, but it might actually only be 2 under the current rules for territories with a common nationality) but around 2009/10 the latest agreement that said the home nations wouldn't use that rule was ratified by FIFA so it's now part of FIFA's eligibility rules. I'm sure we could ask that to change again though.

On 27/05/2022 at 01:30, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Expected, not surprised and speaks volumes of the English unjust disdain of English players up here.

Literally have the first English golden boot winner in a major European comp in decades since who knows, maybe Sheerer 20 years ago? A fucking RB, who has excelled season upon season, both domestically and on a continental stage season upon season. A tenacious leader, that England desperately need ignored. No place for him, even in a training squad. But Mr £80m bomb scare is a shoe in. Kent I could somewhat understand, but even then the teams he has torn apart on the big stage and gets less of a shout than Bowen who played for Hereford is a joke. 

FFS not even an invite to the England training squad. Their bitterness to up here, even when we outperform them is unreal.

I was talking about this to a couple on the train down to Manchester, and they said "yeah, but that's cause he takes everything" as if we're the only team in the world who has a dedicated set piece taker. 

Even if we were, a lot of his goals have come from a cross to the back post from the left.  Our first (or second) against Leipzig. We have all seen come together on numerous occasions and it isn't like it's a fluke season.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that he has been in at minimum of the top 2 in all combined goal contributions for the past 3 seasons has he not?

Only good thing about this is it means that we will hopefully be able to hold on to him for a bit longer as I'm sure he will be right up there come the end of next season. 

Long may it continue. 

On 27/05/2022 at 01:52, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

I'll admit, bit baity. But what more does one of our players need to do to get into the England squad discussion. Seems mental to me.

Already be in the England set up before we sign them.

Even in the years we had Butcher etc. did any English player actually break into the England setup while playing for us. Genuine question. My recollection is they were all estanlished internationalists when we signed them. Maybe Woods.