Rabbi Matondo

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

This time last year pundits and fans alike were raving about how we had 2 players in every position and a second 11 that was strong enough to compete for the league. In reality we couldn't even win it with our first 11.

Then we had people proclaiming Wilson a genius for signing Ramsay. We all know how that worked out.

This year nobody has learned any lessons and we are once again seemingly predestined for success based on the signing of a couple of lads from the second tier of English football and others from abroad who nobody had heard of or seen play, other than highlight reels on YouTube and a couple of sparring matches...

Don't you dare take a reasonable look at our situation, you're just being negative.....

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

This time last year pundits and fans alike were raving about how we had 2 players in every position and a second 11 that was strong enough to compete for the league. In reality we couldn't even win it with our first 11.

Then we had people proclaiming Wilson a genius for signing Ramsay. We all know how that worked out.

This year nobody has learned any lessons and we are once again seemingly predestined for success based on the signing of a couple of lads from the second tier of English football and others from abroad who nobody had heard of or seen play, other than highlight reels on YouTube and a couple of sparring matches...

Who’s the guys from the second tier of English football?

Davies of Liverpool

zak Lovelace of millwall for the development squad.

tom Lawerence of derby 

so one EPL 

two championship players but one is for the development squad.

Be a negative prick all your days if you want but almost every sides fans in the SPFL premiership bar Motherwell and hibs will be excited for the start of the season, it’s what happens when new guys are brought in, they can be shite or world beaters, but you won’t know till at least 5 months or so have passed.

i really should agree with you mate that the UEL finalists support should learn not to get excited.

btw according to Halliday and one or two other ex players the players who are here are raving about Tillman. Once the guy has 6 mins in a competitive game without playing a Scott Allan like pass or lobbing the keeper from the bye line then we can write him off.

55 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

The most excited I’ve ever seen people on here is when Pedro signed all the Mexicans. People were wetting themselves with how good they felt Herrera and Pena were going to be. Let’s just wait and see! 

There was someone that slaughtered Herrara and said he was dug shit when we signed him, got some level of abuse for it :lol: 

Can’t remember who it was now. 

59 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Davies of Liverpool

tom Lawerence of derby 

so one EPL 

Be a negative prick all your days if you want but almost every sides fans in the SPFL premiership bar Motherwell and hibs will be excited for the start of the season, it’s what happens when new guys are brought in, they can be shite or world beaters, but you won’t know till at least 5 months or so have passed.

i really should agree with you mate that the UEL finalists support should learn not to get excited.

btw according to Halliday and one or two other ex players the players who are here are raving about Tillman. Once the guy has 6 mins in a competitive game without playing a Scott Allan like pass or lobbing the keeper from the bye line then we can write him off.

The boy's technique is terrific, you could see that from his little cameo v Spurs - it'll be the other bits of him that will determine whether he makes it for us (mentality being number 1 IMO)

Excited to see how it plays out

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Davies of Liverpool

tom Lawerence of derby 

so one EPL 

Tbf Davies hasn't played a single minute of top flight football in his career and was playing in the Championship last season.

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tbf Davies hasn't played a single minute of top flight football in his career and was playing in the Championship last season.

He hasn’t but was a Liverpool player so it’s one first team player from the lower leagues 

4 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Davies of Liverpool

tom Lawerence of derby 

so one EPL 

Ben Davies "of Liverpool" has played as many games for Liverpool as I have. He's spent his full career playing in yhe lower leagues.

I'm not being negative, I'm just refusing to get overly excited about new signings.

I am trying to get people to manage expectations instead of getting carried away as per usual.

9 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Davies of Liverpool

tom Lawerence of derby 

so one EPL 

Did you see Halliday on Simon Ferry’s show .

For what it’s worth I have always rated Kevin Kyle .He may not even be a sultic fan anymore 😉

On 26/07/2022 at 14:56, graeme_4 said:

Very true. Bang average or worse for the rest of the season.

Was practically hounded off the park at one point for being so bad. A great goal in a cup final doesn’t change the rest of the season I don’t think. 

Agreed he hasn’t always done as well as he should, but I thought he helped change the final, in that we had more control in the attacking 3rd.

Was unlucky that Gordon’s great save denied him an assist for Aribo late in normal time.

But he does need to sustain that sort of form, definitely.

Bottom line, I find it strange that the guy who clinched our first Scottish Cup win in 13 years is taking the hounding he does.