Rabbi Matondo

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Was always going to be the risk signing a player as quick as that. 

The most Rangers thing ever that it happens before he’s kicked a competitive ball. 

Why's it risky if he is fast? Surely no more risky than anyone running at their own limit.

The biggest risk is probably players working to a different training regime / style.

Hopefully nothing in this though.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Whether negative result or not, he must have felt something. No way he plays on astro turf with the Champions League looming.

What has astro turf got to do with a hamstring injury? I can't say I have ever heard that more people get muscle injuries on astro turf. I know knee injuries and ankle injuries happen more often as well as the harder surface taking it's toll on the lower back but I didn't know muscle injuries were any higher compared to normal grass parks. 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's a terrible surface to cause any type of injury, mate. I used to run long distances and we would avoid running on any hard surface for that reason alone. They should be banned at the professional level.

I agree 100%

8 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

No issue with Wright playing Saturday or even in Belgium if he needs to.

He’s been howling in Europe.

I can get the case for him domestically, but he looked so out his depth at that level.

Mismanagement to be going into a CL qualifier with him starting IMO. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I can get the case for him domestically, but he looked so out his depth at that level.

So we should have signed 2 right wingers in this window then?

7 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What has astro turf got to do with a hamstring injury? I can't say I have ever heard that more people get muscle injuries on astro turf. I know knee injuries and ankle injuries happen more often as well as the harder surface taking it's toll on the lower back but I didn't know muscle injuries were any higher compared to normal grass parks. 

Apparently if you alway train on that surface you're no more likely to get injured than someone who only plays on grass. But the mixing between the 2 surfaces increases the liklihood of injury.

Quick players also seem to be more susceptible to hamstring injuries but I'm not sure if that's supported by  evidence. 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It's a terrible surface to cause any type of injury, mate. I used to run long distances and we would avoid running on any hard surface for that reason alone. They should be banned at the professional level.

We should have pushed last season for a vote to get them removed from the top flight at least. 

Artificial grass should not be allowed in professional football at any level, yes we have it for training but that's only for really shit weather, the ball reacts different on a synthetic grass pitch, I have seen two of our players get injured while playing Kilmarnock,  it is not as forgiving as grass when your studs are sliding, time to ban it.

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Artificial grass should not be allowed in professional football at any level, yes we have it for training but that's only for really shit weather, the ball reacts different on a synthetic grass pitch, I have seen two of our players get injured while playing Kilmarnock,  it is not as forgiving as grass when your studs are sliding, time to ban it.

Waghorn simply fell onto it at Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup and was out for 3 months.

Its like concrete 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

OR injury to the new guy who is now  ahead of him in the pecking order.

The lad’s not really done anything wrong in his Rangers career to date, featured in the EL final and scored a cracker in the Scottish cup final. He’s a more than able deputy for a fella few if any had ever heard of before he signed and is relatively untested having only played about 100 minutes in pre season friendlies (granted, he does look like he could be very good)

22 minutes ago, beararse said:

OR injury to the new guy who is now  ahead of him in the pecking order.

The lad’s not really done anything wrong in his Rangers career to date, featured in the EL final and scored a cracker in the Scottish cup final. He’s a more than able deputy for a fella few if any had ever heard of before he signed and is relatively untested having only played about 100 minutes in pre season friendlies (granted, he does look like he could be very good)

Completely revisionist history.

Been pretty poor most of the season, and then had an EL final where he did nothing and should have done better with the cross for their goal, was dropped for Diallo for the final and then came on and scored a great goal.

That great goal seems to have played some kind of mind trick where loads now think he’s the answer. Can’t get my head round it. He’s in no way good enough for a regular start. 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Completely revisionist history.

Been pretty poor most of the season, and then had an EL final where he did nothing and should have done better with the cross for their goal, was dropped for Diallo for the final and then came on and scored a great goal.

That great goal seems to have played some kind of mind trick where loads now think he’s the answer. Can’t get my head round it. He’s in no way good enough for a regular start. 

iMO Wright wasn’t  ‘pretty poor most of  last season’, he was bang average.

Never said he was the answer and I’ve not seen anybody in here say that either, but he’s a decent back up if he’s understudy to Matondo. The point you make about the Scottish Cup Final backs that up surely.

As for the EL goal yes he should have blocked the cross but Goldson should have skied it into the stands when he had the chance and Tav should probably have been the guy closing down the winger.. There are loads of ‘what ifs’ from that game.+0

Kent might have a few more tricks up his sleeve and is therefore more visible on the park but his final ball, goal scoring, decision making and general tracking back is on a par if not worse than Wright’s at present.

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

iMO Wright wasn’t  ‘pretty poor most of  last season’, he was bang average.Never said he was the answer and I’ve not seen anybody in here say that either, but he’s a decent back up if he’s understudy to Matondo.

We don’t and shouldn’t settle for understudies. What we should have is players pushing players to watch their back. 
I’m sure Wright won’t cause any players in front of him much to worry about tbh. 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We don’t and shouldn’t settle for understudies. What we should have is players pushing players to watch their back. 
I’m sure Wright won’t cause any players in front of him much to worry about tbh. 

That's not how football works, you cant have a 25 man squad where every player is first team quality/as good as the player keeping them out of the team.