*****The Official Rangers v PSV Eindhoven Thread*****

G.E.C.

Must have been hard for Lundstram, they play 3 very good central midfielders and their movement was excellent but I did think when we got passed their midfield we looked more than capable. I'm a bit scunnered. It feels like a loss but like others. I'm glad we now have to go over their and score. The tie is reset. Fuck going over there with a 1 goal lead and sitting back. 

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Listen ballbags. We’ve went to Dortmund, Porto, Benfica, feel free to add on the rest. 

Don’t bet against the team who were a penalty away from the UEFA super cup match against the Real Madrid.

Eindhoven can be conquered as much as it can be lost. 50/50 fucking man. Let’s do this 

Fucking tell them.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I thought we played this game like a second leg, we went all out for the win and we kinda lost a lot of control of the game because we seemed in such a rush to get the ball forward, I don't think we played badly though, we just didn't play as well as we could've, on the otherhand PSV weren't great either so I'm expecting them to be better next week.

When they went for Gutiérrez over Til it was obvious they were going to just try anf leep this tie tight, if Til starts next week that'll tell us their intention to hit us fast, we'll need to be resilient but we'll definitely get chances, neither of our defences look particularly great but their keeper is a bombscare and while I wouldn't class McLaughlin as a Rangers goalie, I think he's far more reliable in this situation than theirs.

Plus with Colak up front I'd absolutely be confident in him putting away a half chance if he gets it.

7 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Must have been hard for Lundstram, they play 3 very good central midfielders and their movement was excellent but I did think when we got passed their midfield we looked more than capable. I'm a bit scunnered. It feels like a loss but like others. I'm glad we now have to go over their and score. The tie is reset. Fuck going over there with a 1 goal lead and sitting back. 

Davis had a good game but doesn’t have the legs and Lundstram was doing a lot of the running.

When we made the subs we went 4-1-4-1 and left Lundstram as the only central mid. Was a hard shift for him but I thought he did OK, was more shackled by the role he was playing than anything else.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Again do you honestly believe a running jump is the same as a standing one?

I honestly believe being ready for it is better - that’s where he fell short, IMHO.

I feel he should have been able to put up some sort of challenge instead of being overwhelmed.

I’m fully aware people can get a run and a good header.

I don’t expect them to be folding our CB in half while they’re doing it.

We done this to death now?

If so, goodnight & we’re still in it.

Two set pieces is shite and not at all like us. Should be going over there with a slightly undeserved 2 goal adavantage.

Teams are about the same, but think Sangare, Gakpo and Veerman are a level above what we have which should be the difference. Just feel like we know how to get the job done in these knife edge match ups and they haven’t been there yet. We’ll somehow win next week.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

If there was ever a game for a 3-5-2, it's next week

Lundstram  Goldson   Sands

Tav     Jack      Tillman     Lawrence      Kent

Morelos. Colak

Big shout playing Morelos in a two. I really want it to work as I think the two of them up top could be lethal if they click but it has been tried before and Morelos seems to struggle so not sure if a high profile game like next week is the time to try it.

Just now, Vanoli said:

Two set pieces is shite and not at all like us. Should be going over there with a slightly undeserved 2 goal adavantage.

Teams are about the same, but think Sangare, Gakpo and Veerman are a level above what we have which should be the difference. Just feel like we know how to get the job done in these knife edge match ups and they haven’t been there yet. We’ll somehow win next week.

Think if we are saying the set pieces weren’t great and we shouldn’t have conceded from them then PSV might have something to say about our second 😂 

2 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Big shout playing Morelos in a two. I really want it to work as I think the two of them up top could be lethal if they click but it has been tried before and Morelos seems to struggle so not sure if a high profile game like next week is the time to try it.

This. Mental suggestion, along with Kent at left wingback. Jesus christ. 

1 minute ago, rossco87 said:

We don't score; we don't win and if we concede more than one; I doubt we win. a 3-5-2 easily converts to a 5-3-2 when defending.

If we haven't tested it in practice, I doubt Gio would try it, but it makes sense to me.

Did we play well, not particularly.

Should we have won that game, yes. 

Quite a strange game in that sense that we nullified their threat well in open play, but they hugely exposed our weakness of not having much strength in the air. 

I feel like overall, we have a better side, but they have the bigger quality in key areas. Some of their players are clearly very good and will get big moves.

Are we out of the tie, no. It’ll take a big effort but we are capable of getting the result. 

I thought Davis deserved a huge amount of credit for his performance, he’s probably the only CM we have capable of that pass he makes into Tav for our first goal. 

It’ll be interesting to see how Gio lines is up over there.

Good team. Physical but also good on the ball. 

A fully fit Morelos would've loved that challenge. Fingers crossed for the second leg.

They are beatable though. We need more in the final third. That and manage our set pieces better.

Had a feeling they were happy with the draw. They sat so deep in the final 20 minutes. Will be an interesting match, 1 goal either way.

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Maybe I'm old school but this farting about wi the ball in our penalty area gives me the fear.

Just the way football is now, if done right it's the way to go but PSV were getting their press spot on so we should've mixed it up a bit.