Colak and Morelos

6superbarry6

Is there any way we can accommodate both in the starting 11? 

With right forward still looking like a problem position I’m wondering if Morelos could be the answer there, could we potentially play Morelos as a narrow 10 coming off the right which would leave Tav to provide the width down that side, Morelos often drops deep anyway and his link up play is pretty good, think Gio used Dirk Kuyt pretty similarly at Feyenoord as well so could be an option. 

36 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

They could play together in a 3-5-2, but then you’re struggling to get Kent into that team.

Not to mention the fact we can barely find two CBs to play, never mind a third.

Think Morelos as a 10 similar to what Gio did with Kuyt could work 

27 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, as much as I would love Morelos to be available he would be blowing out his arse after about 15 minutes 

Not for Saturday but once Morelos is up to speed I think we need to try get both in somehow, we need more goals in the team 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not for Saturday but once Morelos is up to speed I think we need to try get both in somehow, we need more goals in the team 

Tbh I think when Lawrence is fit it would make more sense to play a lineup similar to last weekend against most of the Scottish sides.

Instead of having two holding midfielders have the likes of Lawrence in beside Lundstram for an extra attacking threat. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Tbh I think when Lawrence is fit it would make more sense to play a lineup similar to last weekend against most of the Scottish sides.

Instead of having two holding midfielders have the likes of Lawrence in beside Lundstram for an extra attacking threat. 

Agreed but Scott Wright started that match on the RW id like more quality in that position and Matondo looks very raw, it’s ridiculous how short in quality options we are in that position tbh. 
Ideal scenario is we sign a proper no8 which frees up Lawrence to play on of the wide attacking roles but time is running out to get someone in. 

Frankly Morelos needs to get himself back the side before we start asking if he can play with Colak. Colak is bang on form and isn’t being dropped now, as much as Morelos has been amazing for us. I think there are occasions where 2 up can work for us but I always think without a solid right winger it’s not the best set up. 

To accommodate this we would need to line up similar to this:

Mclaughlin 

Sands   Goldson  King 

Tav                                       Kent 

Lundstram  Kamara

Tillman       

Morelos     Colak 

Not sure I'd risk something like this in an old firm game. 

King spot on here:

"We got him for £1million or so. We could sell him for X and make a profit but as Steven and I discussed, in football there is no such thing as a profit. It’s a swapping of cash flows.

If I spend a million on a player, sell him for £20million and replace him for £30million, I’m minus £10million cash. It doesn’t matter what I originally paid for the player. It’s what it costs to replace him.

Our view was always, cash for cash, what will we get and what will it cost to replace him?

Who are you going to bring in? Some of these guys don’t fit into Scottish football so our view was always that we need a premium on what we get for Alfredo to reinvest in someone to replace him. We never, ever got a value that we thought was worth more than keeping him"

We used to play roofe and Morelos up top with Kent sitting behind in a free role during 55. Width came from fullbacks. 

Similar set could be used again with Kent and Tillman swapping the free role. 

Something like this:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Davies Barasic

Lundstram Lawrence Kamara

Kent or Tillman

Morelos    Colak

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We used to play roofe and Morelos up top with Kent sitting behind in a free role during 55. Width came from fullbacks. 

Similar set could be used again with Kent and Tillman swapping the free role. 

Something like this:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Davies Barasic

Lundstram Lawrence 

Kent or Tillman

Morelos    Colak

May aswell start with 10 men with some of these refs. Good thinking ahead....

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't you like his 6 step overs before he then passes backwards?

Tbh that was his best contribution.

I'm done with him. We've had little return from him. He needs to be at a club who don't expect anything...thats where he'll likely perform as the pressure isn't there.