*****The Official Ajax v Rangers Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Tillman was played out of position to accommodate Davis on Saturday. Can’t see Tillman being dropped for Kamara and I can’t see him dropping McLaughlin and damaging his confidence further after Saturday, especially since he pulled off a few important stops against PSV to get us here.

Gio and the recruitment team decided we didn’t need a new goalkeeper this summer, so they’re going to have to double down now and stick with their choice.

It's a difficult call for sure, I wouldn't double down, he needs to man up and recognise his mistake.  McLaughlin unfortunately isn't good enough.  Tillman was played out of position but it doesn't stop putting a shift in or the odd tackle.  Reminds me of Diallo in the 3-0 game last year.  Gio/Ross needs to fix the recruitment mistakes, not live with them.   

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

It's a difficult call for sure, I wouldn't double down, he needs to man up and recognise his mistake.  McLaughlin unfortunately isn't good enough.  Tillman was played out of position but it doesn't stop putting a shift in or the odd tackle.  Reminds me of Diallo in the 3-0 game last year.  Gio/Ross needs to fix the recruitment mistakes, not live with them.   

I agree and I would have McGregor ahead of McLaughlin personally, but I don’t think he will admit he made a mistake on this front unfortunately. They literally chose not to address the fact we needed a new keeper this season, even though it was obvious to absolutely everyone.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Kent by pure default for tomorrow. Domestically we should change it up, whether that means a change in players or tactics, we need more goals and Kent doesn't offer that. 

We’ve played successfully down the right side without a proper right winger since Candieas with Tavernier providing the width overlapping a right midfielder or what we used to call a wing half.

If Borna has his confidence back then let him off the lead to charge forward. I sometimes feel he and Kent can’t decide what they’re doing or they get in each other’s way.

The ideal candidate is Lawrence or even Lowry but, of course, they’re both injured. Kamara is an option but he seems happier and more effective playing deeper.

I would rule out Davis, Jack, Lundstram or Arfield (set in their ways, needed elsewhere, etc) so, if you decide to play without a left winger as such, then a wild card like Charlie McCann might be worth a try.

4-2-3-1

Tav Goldson Sands Borna

Lundstram Jack/Kamara

Tillman Arfield McCann

Colak

Not a hope in hell that’ll be what he does but we need fresh ideas on both wings.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Nothing like well considered, reasonable, structured and constructive analysis.

Many thanks 

:rangers:

Ok I'll indulge you.

Tav Goldson Sands Borna

Lundstram Jack/Kamara

Tillman Arfield McCann

Colak 

As the previous poster said, fucking mental.

Tillman is useless out wide. He's far more valuable as a ten. Arfield to an extent is a bit pish, especially when he starts. He should only be utilised when we need a midfielder to come on against tired legs and find pockets of space behind the attacker. McCann is a central midfielder....not w left winger as it appears you're playing him. 

And to top it all off, you've no put a goalie out there. Granted I'm sure your assistant manager wil point that out before the team walks out but probably best addressing that before they play the champions league anthem.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ok I'll indulge you.

Tav Goldson Sands Borna

Lundstram Jack/Kamara

Tillman Arfield McCann

Colak 

Tillman is useless out wide. He's far more valuable as a ten. Arfield to an extent is a bit pish, especially when he starts. He should only be utilised when we need a midfielder to come on against tired legs and find pockets of space behind the attacker. McCann is a central midfielder....not w left winger as it appears you're playing him. 

And to top it all off, you've no put a goalie out there. Granted I'm sure your assistant manager wil point that out before the team walks out but probably best addressing that before they play the champions league anthem.

Maybe Gio will get a football manager-esque pop up "You have not selected a goalkeeper, are you sure you want to proceed?".

Risky and unrealistic but I just want to see something different now. Fed up seeing the same players shite it against celtic or some other domestic game and then turn into world beaters a few days later. Needs some freshness as long as giving some players something to think about.

McLaughlin, Tav, Goldson, King, Yilmaz, Lundstram, Sands, Sakala, Tillman, Matondo, Colak

Goldson only survives because every cunt is injured and I've never questioned Tav's commitment tbh - in fact I don't know where we would be at times without him domestically.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ok I'll indulge you.

Tav Goldson Sands Borna

Lundstram Jack/Kamara

Tillman Arfield McCann

Colak 

See if you actually read my post in full, you wouldn’t make yourself look so daft.

And we were discussing outfield options and I tend not to play my goalkeepers outfield:lol:

Apart from that, your post was a belter 😎