*****The Official Ajax v Rangers Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

Just now, BillStruthBear said:

It's not just one result though, mate. Your eyes don't lie to you - how many times have we played well for the full 90 domestically this season? I'm not slagging the team, or even Gio for that matter, but you can't be surprised if some of us aren't confident about tonight. The writing was on the wall long before Saturday.

you sure you just don't love a good moan? 

Gio needs to find a way to play his way and deal with teams who sit 10 men behind the ball and pray for a draw. in this i will agree.

PSV has beaten Ajax this year. which tells me we have a good chance. surely you have learned the past few years not to doubt Rangers in europe.

10 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

you sure you just don't love a good moan? 

Gio needs to find a way to play his way and deal with teams who sit 10 men behind the ball and pray for a draw. in this i will agree.

PSV has beaten Ajax this year. which tells me we have a good chance. surely you have learned the past few years not to doubt Rangers in europe.

Yeah, I'd say I'm quite balanced to be honest. Haven't really moaned anywhere, just made an observation?

My original point was actually that I've not got myself as up for this game as I normally would be in the hours building up to kick-off. I've not said anywhere that I don't think we can win.

2 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

gonna have to find a pub in Oslo that has this on.. any ideas? :lol: 

😂😂just had a look as a matter of interest,  Christ Almighty how many plastic paddy slophoose’s are in Oslo? 😂😂Is it twinned wae santa ponsa. 😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Can imagine Daily Record tomorrow when we win 4-1 tonight.

A pint of what you are on Mate, please. 

Our recent European record does give us cause for mild optimism about tonight, but unfortunately, our overall form negates a lot of that. Yes, we are a different animal in Europe, however our latest abject capitulation to Them will IMHO carry on into tonight in the heads of some of our squad. If we lose an early goal, it could turn into a long night as it has been demonstrated that should we fail to `keep the zero' and build into the game later on as seems to be Gio's only game plan at the moment, then we are in trouble.

I would bite your hand off for the shittiest boring draw right now, but I suspect that given our form and especially the fact that we are sorely lacking a goalkeeper of the required standard, this will be one away trip too far tonight.

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Our recent European record does give us cause for mild optimism about tonight, but unfortunately, our overall form negates a lot of that. Yes, we are a different animal in Europe, however our latest abject capitulation to Them will IMHO carry on into tonight in the heads of some of our squad. If we lose an early goal, it could turn into a long night as it has been demonstrated that should we fail to `keep the zero' and build into the game later on as seems to be Gio's only game plan at the moment, then we are in trouble.

I would bite your hand off for the shittiest boring draw right now, but I suspect that given our form and especially the fact that we are sorely lacking a goalkeeper of the required standard, this will be one away trip too far tonight.

BF7F3365-FC9C-481B-A301-F3A7C5139A4A.gif.e09aac161d73b14073a35c5d4fa1f492.gif

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

celtic mentally broke you and half this sub.

3 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

celtic mentally broke you and half this sub.

Anyone in the Rangers support not even slightly concerned following the second nightmare in a row at The Piggery, and our overall form are IMHO doing the head in the sand thing.

I am fearing the worst but hoping for the best, and no doubt after my pre-game preparation in the pub I will be Battle Feverish. We do have a decent squad even if half of it is injured, and we have demonstrated that, especially in Europe, we can turn it on, but there is no point in trying to deny anything other than the fact that we are not/have not played well this season apart from Eindhoven.

This is going to be a difficult night, but I can assure you should we get the result tonight I would be swinging from the pub chandelier if it had one.

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Saw an English journo, who's usually pretty good, describe it as a pinch yourself night. :lol:

Pumped 0-3 at home, and doing fuck all for the coefficient as usual, on the back of Rangers dragging Scotland into the automatic CL group places - there’s your headline. 

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Anyone in the Rangers support not even slightly concerned following the second nightmare in a row at The Piggery, and our overall form are IMHO doing the head in the sand thing.

I am fearing the worst but hoping for the best, and no doubt after my pre-game preparation in the pub I will be Battle Feverish. We do have a decent squad even if half of it is injured, and we have demonstrated that, especially in Europe, we can turn it on, but there is no point in trying to deny anything other than the fact that we are not/have not played well this season apart from Eindhoven.

This is going to be a difficult night, but I can assure you should we get the result tonight I would be swinging from the pub chandelier if it had one.

mentally rattled by celtic.

also we turned over a 2-0 deficit before we played psv. are you saying we did not perform in this game ? 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Think we’ll get a point tonight. Be a great result all things considered.

The celtic love in is mental at the moment btw :lol: 

they fell apart once real madrid figured them out for their quick throws and free kicks. but aye you would think they won the game the way they go on.