The other mob

MisterC

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Idah came in and played a massive part of them winning a double, hope they don’t sign him.

Hope they do, for the sort of money they will have to use they could get better. Has been absolutely anonymous in some games.

9 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Looks like they're away to spend north of £12m to keep Bernado and Idah.

I know they’ve money to burn, but aside from what we do, I also think Rodgers lack of ability to pick a player in the transfer market could have a huge impact.

Cunt is useless at it.

Be delighted if they spunk £12m on those two just to stand still. 

Neither of them are bad players but it's a really big outlay and doesn't represent value for money imo. Idah is absolutely nowhere near Edouard, Dembele, Kyogo and even peak Griffiths. Bernardo isn't O'Riley if the aim is for him to step up as his replacement. Nothing to fear there at all.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know they’ve money to burn, but aside from what we do, I also think Rodgers lack of ability to pick a player in the transfer market could have a huge impact.

Cunt is useless at it.

Be delighted if they spunk £12m on those two just to stand still. 

Think it's only Rodgers who's recruiting this summer too. Haven't seen them replace Lawwells son yet.

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Idah came in and played a massive part of them winning a double, hope they don’t sign him.

He's proven to be a decent impact player for them and is a decent player for this league, but more than happy for them to spunk £6m it was rumoured to get him. 

I just saw a report on transfermarkt, apparently from UEFA that the tims generated the joint 16th highest revenue and kit merch in Europe in 2023, earning €34m. 

They've only listed the top 20, we aren't on it but 20th are Inter Milan who generated €26m, so at best that's at least €8m more they earned than us.

Does anyone know what we generated? 

20240604_133839.jpg

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

I just saw a report on transfermarkt, apparently from UEFA that the tims generated the joint 16th highest revenue and kit merch in Europe in 2023, earning €34m. 

They've only listed the top 20, we aren't on it but 20th are Inter Milan who generated €26m, so at best that's at least €8m more they earned than us.

Does anyone know what we generated? 

20240604_133839.jpg

Last year we got about £11 million from Castore - that’s the amount in the Accounts I’m sure. However I’m sure we calculate it differently to most teams where they include the full amount in their Accounts. Where as Castore take care of all the costs and pay us our figure which is net of costs. The £34 million for the scum is top line where as our figure is net of costs like distribution, shops etc. 
Hopefully we get improved terms next year when our merchandising is up for tender as we’ve had 5 years worth of sales to bargain with where as previously to joining Castore we didn’t have the figures due to the boycott of kits. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Last year we got about £11 million from Castore - that’s the amount in the Accounts I’m sure. However I’m sure we calculate it differently to most teams where they include the full amount in their Accounts. Where as Castore take care of all the costs and pay us our figure which is net of costs. The £34 million for the scum is top line where as our figure is net of costs like distribution, shops etc. 
Hopefully we get improved terms next year when our merchandising is up for tender as we’ve had 5 years worth of sales to bargain with where as previously to joining Castore we didn’t have the figures due to the boycott of kits. 👍🏻

Good info mate, cheers, I wouldn't expect there'll be too much difference between us and them, but not being listed does make you wonder why we calculate it differently to everyone else.

On 04/06/2024 at 16:40, NixonRFC said:

Good info mate, cheers, I wouldn't expect there'll be too much difference between us and them, but not being listed does make you wonder why we calculate it differently to everyone else.

We don't calculate it differently as such, we just have a retail deal that means that the turnover, the top line of our sales, is part of Castore's turnover. We don't have a retail sales turnover as we've essentially given the business to Castore. Castore just pay us a base fee then further bonuses, percentage of profit presumably, based on sales.

The only figures in our accounts would be those, not top line turnovers that other clubs have and use in these comparison tables. 

Guess there are probably other clubs have these kinds of deals too.

On 28/05/2024 at 00:15, Rowley Birkin said:

i could barely understand him with that irish accent

:lol:

They should go over to Palestine and Speak to Hamas and tell them they are Catholic and not in fact Muslim. Going by qoutes of the Qu'ran they would be the enemy also for not following Islam and their extremist views.

3 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

They should go over to Palestine and Speak to Hamas and tell them they are Catholic and not in fact Muslim. Going by qoutes of the Qu'ran they would be the enemy also for not following Islam and their extremist views.

I couldn't think of a more stupid thing to fight over than fucking religion.

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i don't know, fighting over who's turn it is to make the toast is pretty stupid

Toast is a pretty fucking controversial issue, especially if you like it light and they hit you with well done.

12 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Toast is a pretty fucking controversial issue, especially if you like it light and they hit you with well done.

You are sooo correct on this major issue, and that is before you even get near the spready cheese, jam, or God forbid Marmite for a spread minefield. 

52 minutes ago, wully said:

Linked with Asmir Begovic but peter grant is urging them to sign David de Gea..............

He was on Talksport yesterday and they asked him about the link. He was quite coy about it so there's maybe legs in that. 

He used to be a good keeper, but no idea what he's like these days. 

8 hours ago, wully said:

Linked with Asmir Begovic but peter grant is urging them to sign David de Gea..............

It popped up in my feed some pish about de Gea wanting to sign for them. Realised it was from the Record so knew it was bullshit. Cunts should just change the name of that paper to the tarrier view and be done with it.