The other mob

MisterC

14 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The sheep are the only team that look half decent but they’ll probably do their usual lie down act   

Their manager seems half decent and they are bringing in some good players for their level tbh. Think they'll give them a good game this year

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes. 

The league’s not really dropped in standard, and they’re not exactly much better, and they’ll be losing their best player. 

Think there is also a massive overreaction to how far ahead they are of us

Genuinely think they're a wee bit ahead of us. What we have just now is in no way acceptable 

The PR machine has been in full flow regarding the scum, they were a baw hair away from losing the league imo, if the midfielder gets punted they aren't getting anyone to replace him in the short term no matter how much they spend, with all our problems I'm still confident we can win the league.

43 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Genuinely think they're a wee bit ahead of us. What we have just now is in no way acceptable 

I think they’re a considerable distance ahead of us just now and they’re confident. Confidence lifts a team a few levels on its own.

All of this can change in the space of a season in this league so I’m not worried about not being able to fix it long term, but this seasons going to be a bit of a disaster for us I think. Only way they don’t do a treble is if someone else knocks them out of a cup or we have one brilliant performance against them and knock them out ourselves 

Leagues not happening for us this season, it just isn’t. We seemingly have one striker again in Dessers. Fuck knows what’s happening with Danilo and Igamane was just a truly laughable decision 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We need 3-4 first team players in to stand a chance, don't see them going unbeaten though. 

If we get Sima back and sign a quality RCB, CM and CAM, then we’ve got a good chance. 

The problem is we’re relying on us improving from last season by enough to catch them. But they look (based on their pre season results and the start to this season), like they’re at a higher level than they were last season. 

We could catch them if they remain at a similar level, as we blew it last season. But if they improve to the levels they showed under Postecoglu, we’ve got no chance. 

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

If we get Sima back and sign a quality RCB, CM and CAM, then we’ve got a good chance. 

The problem is we’re relying on us improving from last season by enough to catch them. But they look (based on their pre season results and the start to this season), like they’re at a higher level than they were last season. 

We could catch them if they remain at a similar level, as we blew it last season. But if they improve to the levels they showed under Postecoglu, we’ve got no chance. 

Mate they've played Killie who haven't moved forward since last season(and been pumped off St Johnstone) and Hibs who are going to be bottom 6 also.

Ffs they are decent at best with a settled squad and no injury concerns just yet 

Hopefully they don't get another striker or CB - LB and run with what they have.

Extra games and doings in Europe hopefully take their toll.

Can be beaten and got at... just don't think our team really believes it. 

Don't see us winning the league this season and I'd be surprised with our current squad if we won either of the cups. Wasn't confident before Hearts away and still haven't seen much that gives me any belief going forward. Celtic are a good few levels above us

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

We made them look very ordinary in the cup final. I'm confident we'll beat them at least once this season

We've made them look ordinary many times but they have still beat us. 

Sima was a big player for us, without him we are not the same team sadly. 

27 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

8.5 million rising to 9.5 million for that Idah

Crazy amount to spend on him tbh.

While he undoubtedly does a job in this league, for us or them to spend that kind of money you’d be wanting a player who can win you games on his own and show up consistently in the CL.

I’m extremely sceptical that a guy who was struggling to get regular game time for an average Championship side last season fits that bill.