Ireland Women

Amokachi

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We all know it goes on in pubs and buses mate, on their side and our side, but for actual professionals to stand in a dressing room in Glasgow singing that is just completely mental to me

Remember the wulliewanker fake video and this country went into meltdown?! 

They won't be.

You've already got prominent Irish people coming out and saying they were singing about the 'original IRA' without whom 'Ireland would still be under British oppression' - that's the narrative being set, with celtic fans (obviously) jumping on and spreading that message.

I already saw the narrative spun this morning on the live interview their player did with Sky Sports - "why is an English man asking an Irish lady about knowing Irish history"

Utterly mental, this seems to be the go-to defence for absolute cretins all over the place now.

One of the women involved I listened to, as well as the IFA, were at least unreserved in their apology 

The other woman though, said 'there were a hundred songs we sang last night and that was the one that went out. We apologise to anyone offended.'

Not exactly remorseful. Has a 'just got unlucky and we don't think it's that bad, sorry if you do' tone to it. :lol:

It's absolutely right that if this is us there's a national soul search goes on for days.

Aye i watched her, verging on defiance you could sense the annoyance they’d been caught out whereas the manager was on soon after, she seemed genuinely appalled and got the tone absolutely spot on. 
Wouldn’t be surprised if she resigned. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

One of the women involved I listened to, as well as the IFA, were at least unreserved in their apology 

The other woman though, said 'there were a hundred songs we sang last night and that was the one that went out. We apologise to anyone offended.'

Not exactly remorseful. Has a 'just got unlucky and we don't think it's that bad, sorry if you do' tone to it. :lol:

It's absolutely right that if this is us there's a national soul search goes on for days.

I think there's bound to be a number of ladies within that team who literally have no feeling towards this at all, but they've got caught up with adrenaline and all their pals shouting it so have joined in. They'll be feeling completely remorseful, whereas some of the others will be more 'defiant' about their actions for want of a better word.

Shocking role models for young girls in Ireland. 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We all know it goes on in pubs and buses mate, on their side and our side, but for actual professionals to stand in a dressing room in Glasgow singing that is just completely mental to me

They won't be.

You've already got prominent Irish people coming out and saying they were singing about the 'original IRA' without whom 'Ireland would still be under British oppression' - that's the narrative being set, with celtic fans (obviously) jumping on and spreading that message.

I already saw the narrative spun this morning on the live interview their player did with Sky Sports - "why is an English man asking an Irish lady about knowing Irish history"

Eh, because you sang about a criminal organisation that blew his English/British compatriots up, maybe? :lol:

I mean, that logic's shite on many levels in this instance, but that stuff's kind of a shared history.

It's clearly unpleasant and reflects badly on them, but it's something that I struggle to bother much about given these folk aren't representing me and it's Ireland they're an embarrassment to.

Struggle to bother beyond the obvious hypocrisy when it comes to the narrative depending on which side does these things, of course.

41 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They won't be.

Got sent it last night and just assumed some moron had dubbed over the top of it Willie Wanker style. Couldn't believe it when it turned out to be real.

Every single person identifiable in that video should be hit with a misconduct charge by the FA in which they play their domestic football. Ciara Grant who was a Rangers player last season and now plays for Hearts is a doctor for god's sake. Why do these people behave like this?

There will be some who are proper hardline republicans in that team but there will be some in the team who just see it as a bit of a laugh - which I think is just as bad. Offensive for the sake of it meme culture is a cancer. It's actually exhausting opening social media every day and seeing this kind of shit everywhere and there are people on 'our' side who are just as guilty of it too. There are so many idiots in Scotland who perpetuate this nonsense without ever having had to live through or deal with the actual real world consequences of terrorism and sectarian based gangsterism.

Utterly ridiculous too that they heavily symbolised the game with the reference to the explosion in Donegal and then celebrate an organisation that in whatever form it was, the historic IRA, Official, or Provisional IRA, were complicit in blowing and up and murdering innocent people going about their daily business. Again, this also is something that 'our' side partake in too. 

Last thing I'll say is has anyone actually seen the lyrics to that Celtic Symphony song? It's beyond fucking strange from start to finish:

it was far across the sea when the devil got a hold of me 
he wouldn't set me free so he kept me soul for ransom 
na na na na na etc 
i'm a sailor man from glasgow town i've roamed the world around and round 
he's the meanest thing that i have found in all me days of wandering 
na na na na na etc 

here we go again we're on the road again 
we're on the road again we're on the way to paradise 
we love the jungle deep. that's where the lion sleeps 
for then those evil eyes they have no place in paradise 

graffiti on the wall just as the sun was going down 
i see graffiti on the wall - of the celts! of the celts! 
graffiti on the wall it says we're magic we're magic 
graffiti on the wall............................. 

it says oh ah up the ra, say ooh ah up the ra 

we went thru each jungle deep for the paradise that we did seek 
twas no trip for the weak we're waltzing with the natives 
na na na na na etc 
around in circles everyway he turned to me and he did say 
i think you're leading me astray i want your soul me boyo 
na na na na na etc 

here we go again we're on the road again 
we're on the road again we're on the way to paradise we love the 
jungle deep. that's where the lion sleeps 
for then those evil eyes they have no place in paradise 

graffiti on the walls just as the sun was going down 
i see graffiti on the walls - of the celts! of the celts! graffiti on 
the walls says we're magic we're magic graffiti on the 
wall............................. 

58 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Got sent it last night and just assumed some moron had dubbed over the top of it Willie Wanker style. Couldn't believe it when it turned out to be real.

Every single person identifiable in that video should be hit with a misconduct charge by the FA in which they play their domestic football. Ciara Grant who was a Rangers player last season and now plays for Hearts is a doctor for god's sake. Why do these people behave like this?

There will be some who are proper hardline republicans in that team but there will be some in the team who just see it as a bit of a laugh - which I think is just as bad. Offensive for the sake of it meme culture is a cancer. It's actually exhausting opening social media every day and seeing this kind of shit everywhere and there are people on 'our' side who are just as guilty of it too. There are so many idiots in Scotland who perpetuate this nonsense without ever having had to live through or deal with the actual real world consequences of terrorism and sectarian based gangsterism.

Utterly ridiculous too that they heavily symbolised the game with the reference to the explosion in Donegal and then celebrate an organisation that in whatever form it was, the historic IRA, Official, or Provisional IRA, were complicit in blowing and up and murdering innocent people going about their daily business. Again, this also is something that 'our' side partake in too. 

Last thing I'll say is has anyone actually seen the lyrics to that Celtic Symphony song? It's beyond fucking strange from start to finish:

That's the most shameful part for me. On the radio the pundits were talking about the emotion of the occasion with what had happened and how much it meant to the players etc etc, then you see that video. Baffling. 

Absolute vermin. Lafferty better be reinserted to NI immediately if they get off and if I were him I wouldn’t accept any ban or fine. Can’t have one rule for one and not the other just goes to show though big Laff was right all along. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Everyone, Anyone.