Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd like Knutsen myself and what he's achieved at Bodo-Glimt is impressive. But I'd also take Dyche. 

Dyche comes across really well and did some job at Burnley. I think he would be out to prove he's not just a 442 defensive manager coming here. 

Dyche was saying the other day he'd be interested in the Rangers job, but feels he's still in line for a PL job.

Basically, he'd only come here if a PL club doesn't want him first.

24 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I'm only asking where you can find the information that's being posted regarding Gerrard being told there wouldn't be any funds available after winning the title or where the club said he refused to sell players. Do you not think that's pretty important considering where we were to where we find ourselves now as to me it looks very likely we've been completely mismanaged from top to bottom. 

You're the only one who gives a fuck about Gerrard and you go on and on about it.

Pipe doon.

Just now, GetToTheChoppa said:

You're the only one who gives a fuck about Gerrard and you go on and on about it.

Pipe doon.

I've posted about other names mentioned like Dyche and stated that I'm hoping we don't appoint Martindale. Would you rather we continue the mess we're in with Gio?

41 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Where can you find that he was told this and when was he told this? It's the same as fans saying he refused to sell players and that clearly didn't happen as he regularly stated anyone wanting our players will have to come with lots of money as they wouldn't be sold cheaply. His interview after beating St Mirren he stated it was an exciting time to be a Rangers fan and he'd be building for more success so that certainly doesn't sound like he was told we wouldn't strengthen. 

His detractors will also state about his cup record being poor or not being able to beat a 10 man Malmo team however his remit would likely have been stop 10iar and we'd have had a far better chance of beating Malmo if we'd strengthened the playing squad giving the dressing room a lift especially with Champions League riches to go for.

It’s been stated on Heart & Hand multiple times, including as recently as the episode on Thursday and they are close to the club.

He wanted to keep the group together, which the board backed him with, and then he blew what should have been a straightforward path to the champions league too with a squad who were more than capable of doing it.

I know you have a full on hard on for him, but he’s not the messiah you make him out to be and it’s about time you accepted that and stopped hinting or outrightly saying you want him back every single day because everybody is sick of reading it and it’s the sort of patter that got you chased from Follow Follow because they all got sick of it too.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s been stated on Heart & Hand multiple times, including as recently as the episode on Thursday and they are close to the club.

He wanted to keep the group together, which the board backed him with, and then he blew what should have been a straightforward path to the champions league too with a squad who were more than capable of doing it.

I know you have a full on hard on for him, but he’s not the messiah you make him out to be and it’s about time you accepted that and stopped hinting or outrightly saying you want him back every single day because everybody is sick of reading it and it’s the sort of patter that got you chased from Follow Follow because they all got sick of it too.

The thread was new manager suggestion and I've tried to answer everyone who asked why I'd suggest. Regarding Heart and Hand etc is a group that will ask only questions they are allowed to ask and will likely put out information the club tell them to. Regardless of who we appoint next from where we are after winning the title to where we are now shows we've been completely mismanaged as a club from top to bottom. 

41 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Dyche end up at a team like Everton by the time the World Cup is over 

I do not think Dyche will get a job at Premiership level. Premiership has moved well away from the 1980’s style which Dyche, Pulis and Allerdyce kept going.Would still fit in to mid championship but not to a club looking to win trophies.

I look at Livi and I see organisation, spirit and the team much more than the sum of their parts. I watch us and I think WTF is going on. I don't understand the Martindale negativity. Much less of a gamble than someone that doesn't know scottish football or the expectation of winning every week.

7 minutes ago, jamess said:

I look at Livi and I see organisation, spirit and the team much more than the sum of their parts. I watch us and I think WTF is going on. I don't understand the Martindale negativity. Much less of a gamble than someone that doesn't know scottish football or the expectation of winning every week.

2C8D3639-B082-4AAA-AA87-A47798B38916.gif

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Dyche was saying the other day he'd be interested in the Rangers job, but feels he's still in line for a PL job.

Basically, he'd only come here if a PL club doesn't want him first.

Well, he didn't get the Southampton job. He can only sit on the fence for so long.

Pleading for OF tickets is a good sign he would come if asked and personally, I'm warming to the idea.

35 minutes ago, jamess said:

David Martindale is absolutely nowhere near good enough for us.  He doesn't even enter the calculations for a new manager.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Well, he didn't get the Southampton job. He can only sit on the fence for so long.

Pleading for OF tickets is a good sign he would come if asked and personally, I'm warming to the idea.

why hasnt he lost something like 4/5 games in a row now

or is it that he was seen in a Rangers pub whoring himself to the support

40 minutes ago, jamess said:

Shut up man :lol:

38 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

QPR beat again, shock horror, flavour of the month will be forgotten about come the end of the season when QPR finish bottom half.

I like Beale but people calling for him to get the job after 6-8 games as a number one in his own right was absolute insanity. 

When the inevitable happens, who would you like to see get it?

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

When the inevitable happens, who would you like to see get it?

Rebrov but doubt we would go for him, doubt we would get him either tbh.

Leaning towards Dyche as the most realistic option but I'm not confident on him.

Kjetil Knutsen has did a great job, but struggled this season and we are different kettle of fish. 

I thought Gio was the perfect choice last year, shows I know fuck all.

You?