Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

37 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Where did I say I believed he was "on a path to winning trophies"? Made up nonsense. 

A few cup games? It was 6, one of them against the fenians with a bigger budget so the whole "different times, different circumstances" bollocks there is blown out the water. 

It was an incredible season, made easier by the Torbett's imploding by October. Let's not kid ourselves. And 1 title out of 3 means they were doing a helluva lot right? Massively disagree again. 

I didn't say I thought he'd fail either, I believe this appointment would have the makings of a disaster.

Beale has no case. He has no managerial CV, for a start. 

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

I was happy for Gerrard to continue after 55. I wanted him to continue to make up for the awful record he had but instead we limped through until he left.

54 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

I see a parallel between Walter/Souness and Gerrard/Beale

Time will tell but my gut tells me that Gerrard will fade out of management and into media even quicker than Souness did. Big name players don't always make great managers. 

Most people were surprised when Walter got promoted when Souness left and the rest is history.

Souness has since lauded Walter as the brains and the man manager. Like Gerrard, Souness attracted some players through his status (Souness moreso as we were shopping in the top end back then)

Like players in our price range, none of the managers come without risk

He knows the players, they know and like him (unlike Gio?) he knows the club, he knows the league and he obviously loves the club enough to come here having turned down a EPL club in recent weeks

We have good players, what we need is a manager who can get the best out of them and get us playing as a team with a recognisable style

Souness was a Manager for 20 years mate!

36 minutes ago, rab wilson said:

OK I'm going in with an unpopular choice but he was mine when stevie g left.kevin Thomson assisted by Neil McConnell.. time to build the kids.all I ever wanted when we went down the leagues was a team full of young uns playing their guts out for Rangers.iglasgow Green if it had to be.as long as they played for the Jersey.i stand by it now.14 or 15 who play for the Jersey.i know I will get slaughtered.some have forgotten where we were.i haven't.nring on kt with young uns.i would l9ve it.

No Surrender 

Rab

Would losing Ibrox and having to play at Glasgow Green not be a fairly good definition of ‘Surrendering’?

Beale not the answer for us imo. Gives me the fear long term and it’s just an appointment which protects Wilson and these players. Need someone that will challenge the direction of the club - Dyche still my first choice 

I think Beale is a done deal now imo. And tbh I'm more on board with him than any of the other names on the shortlist. 

No matter how you look at it he is less of a gamble than the others. He'll come in and make slight tweaks straight away that hopefully pay off. 

I'd just feel better with that at the moment rather than a foreigner coming in and ripping everything up and potentially making life worse for us all.

Fuck it, I'm looking for a safe-ish pair of hands at the moment so count me in for Beale.

1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I think Beale is a done deal now imo. And tbh I'm more on board with him than any of the other names on the shortlist. 

No matter how you look at it he is less of a gamble than the others. He'll come in a make slight tweaks straight away that hopefully pay off. 

I'd just feel better with that at the moment rather than a foreigner coming in and ripping everything up and potentially making life worse for us all.

Fuck it, I'm looking for a safe-ish pair of hands at the moment so count me in for Beale.

How? 

3 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

You joking? He knows the players, he knows the club, he knows what's required to win, and hopefully he can carry it out.

The others are too risky at the moment imo.

He's the least proven manager we have been linked with, he's the furthest thing imaginable from a safe bet

5 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

You joking? He knows the players, he knows the club, he knows what's required to win, and hopefully he can carry it out.

The others are too risky at the moment imo.

Ok that can be counteracted with:

He’s  only been a manager for 3 months and hardly setting the world alight

Will probably be a yes man to Ross Wilson/the board

QPRs form has fallen off a cliff since he turned down the approach from Wolves 

If he comes, it shows his commitment speech that he just made to QPR was a load of shite - can’t be trusted 

Need to really steer clear of this appointment