Accounts?

RoboBearToo

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

How is he competent when he is always injured? He was frozen out at Liverpool last year and comes to us having not kicked a ball in over a year where he was plying his trade at the mighty Preston.

£4M my arse!

He was at Sheffield United last season. 

3 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

...and Maguire is not 76 million better that him. Pricetags mean absolutely nothing.

When you're low on transfer funds they do.

We had a player who was a known quantity and had done a very decent job for us over a couple of seasons.

The outlay on Davies makes no sense if we'd kept Balogun. Especially since Davies is not a massive upgrade and equally will have no sell on value.

22 minutes ago, The Beast said:

When you're low on transfer funds they do.

We had a player who was a known quantity and had done a very decent job for us over a couple of seasons.

The outlay on Davies makes no sense if we'd kept Balogun. Especially since Davies is not a massive upgrade and equally will have no sell on value.

I know what you are saying in regards to our "place" in the transfers funds etc.. but the fact of the matter is, that Maguire is not 76 million better than Davies.. Davies is a very good defender and just because he cost 4 million does not mean that Balogun is a better player, because he cost fuck all. Balogun was hit and miss and he is absolutely getting better and better the longer he has been away. He had a few horrow shows.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Accounts usually get released pre-AGM.

Let's see how much them snakes syphoned off our income for their own piggy banks.

Nothing.  The main board directors don't take any money.  Only the executive directors who are salaried.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

They will show that Directors repaid a sizeable amount of loans to themselves which had a direct impact on our transfer budget. 

A difficult one to spin given where we are. 

Although I’m sure the usual suspects will try and do it for them. 

I don't think that is correct though.  Most of the loans were converted to equity.  They are documented online at Companies House.   Think the only loan repaid was £5 million to Dave King about November last year.

20 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

I know what you are saying in regards to our "place" in the transfers funds etc.. but the fact of the matter is, that Maguire is not 76 million better than Davies.. Davies is a very good defender and just because he cost 4 million does not mean that Balogun is a better player, because he cost fuck all. Balogun was hit and miss and he is absolutely getting better and better the longer he has been away. He had a few horrow shows.

From what I’ve seen Davies isn’t an upgrade on Balogun. He may be, in time, but not yet.

26 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

He’s that good Sheff United, where he was on loan, decided against signing him permanently and Signed the centre half from Malmo.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't think that is correct though.  Most of the loans were converted to equity.  They are documented online at Companies House.   Think the only loan repaid was £5 million to Dave King about November last year.

Correct.

The "snakes" have converted £10s millions of their personal cash to equity - without them God knows where we would be.

The competency of our exec board is entirely another matter

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s that good Sheff United, where he was on loan, decided against signing him permanently and Signed the centre half from Malmo.

22/23 year old internationalist with CL experience available for 3-4m with a good chance of being sold on. Seems like someone who would be an ideal fit for a "player trading" model. And yet...

The cocks running the club need to waken the hell up or the tarriers will be overtaking our league titles count.

Tims haven’t won the title yet this season, but with each passing week it feels like it’s slipping away because we’re asleep at the wheel. Get a competent management team in place before the 2nd January and we might have a chance of salvaging it. If Gio and his team are still here on that day then it’ll be too late I feel.

38 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

There was over £10m of director loans at the last accounts (not including DK which as you say was repaid). A small amount was converted to equity, the rest was not. 

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Balogun has become overrated within our support 

Agree. He was missing for large parts and a bombscare for most of the rest. Some good performances, but people are definitely not remembering his true performances. Davies is a far superior player!