*****the official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

graeme_4

4 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

We must be able to pick a injured team by now, there must be 11 first teasers out

Goldson Helander Souttar Yilmaz

Hagi Lawrence

Sakala Colak Roofe

We only need an injured keeper and either Kamara or Jack (I can’t remember whose turn it is this week to be injured) for a full team.

Something seriously wrong with the conditioning and/or the recovery treatment at Ibrox.

:ang:

8 hours ago, Johnnyem said:

I appreciate that you are being sarcastic, but for the life of me I cannot remember any games this season that have actually been a dawdle. We have had a couple of decent victories but none of them were a real stroll in the park. We should be winning convincingly far more often.

St Johnstone, Ross County, St Mirren, Hearts, Aberdeen, Killie

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Goldson Helander Souttar Yilmaz

Hagi Lawrence

Sakala Colak Roofe

We only need an injured keeper and either Kamara or Jack (I can’t remember whose turn it is this week to be injured) for a full team.

Something seriously wrong with the conditioning and/or the recovery treatment at Ibrox.

:ang:

Forgot Ofoborh. Easily done I guess.

6 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

Be glad when this game is over with and we can hopefully get some players back from injury after the World Cup 

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. 

There is something seriously wrong with our fitness and medical right now. 

I'd be amazed if we didn't get more problems over the break. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. 

There is something seriously wrong with our fitness and medical right now. 

I'd be amazed if we didn't get more problems over the break. 

Wouldn't disagree mate nothing would surprise me

This injury list is getting ridiculous and with the sheer number we are getting I am leaning toward it is something we are doing in training as there now seems to be too many to just be bad luck.

Big worry is getting players back after the WC is one of the main arguments for keeping Gio, however going on the trend of the season what is giving everyone faith that we don’t get any more training injuries during the break, or continue to get injuries at the same rate when we are back playing?

2 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

This injury list is getting ridiculous and with the sheer number we are getting I am leaning toward it is something we are doing in training as there now seems to be too many to just be bad luck.

Big worry is getting players back after the WC is one of the main arguments for keeping Gio, however going on the trend of the season what is giving everyone faith that we don’t get any more training injuries during the break, or continue to get injuries at the same rate when we are back playing?

Zero faith we won't get more problems over the break. 

Even when we get players back fit I don't see this argument for it to be an excuse to keep gio. He'll keep playing the same way no matter what. Regardless of who's available.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Another 4-0 today. Pumped them 4-0 home and away the last 2 times we've played them. St Mirren haven't taken a single point off us in the league since a 2-2 draw in the Championship back in 2016.

Someone not shiting the bed, finally.

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Zero faith we won't get more problems over the break. 

Even when we get players back fit I don't see this argument for it to be an excuse to keep gio. He'll keep playing the same way no matter what. Regardless of who's available.

We will probably end up with more injuries during the break. Our injuries just seem to occur randomly even if we aren’t playing 

Looking at this game like a trip to the dentist, you know it is likely to be unpleasant but it has to be done. Any sort of win and hoping against hope that we somehow manage to avoid any more injuries. We should blow this lot away but we should have blown the other Saints away on our last away day, so taking nothing for granted. All I can say is thank God for the WC break and the chance to reset and go again at the restart.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

He’s got a serious illness ffs it’s not like he’s had a kid on hammy injury for two years.

the way people throw the boy in to stuff about fitness etc is absolutely pathetic 

Is there any update on him? As in will he ever play again? Not often players come back from Serious heart issues, only one I can think of is Eriksen but probably others as well. 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

He’s got a serious illness ffs it’s not like he’s had a kid on hammy injury for two years.

the way people throw the boy in to stuff about fitness etc is absolutely pathetic 

We all sympathise with the lad and wish him well.

However he is another example of us signing a player apparently without carrying out appropriate due diligence relating to fitness/health.