Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Sacked.

The Dude

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I said this much before he got sacked. I'll be raging with the squad if they suddenly start performing as they did last season for the new guy! Yes it will be great to see, but effectively they've chucked the league and Europe just because they didn't like the coaching? Unacceptable!! 

I doubt that'd be the case, they might improve under a new manager and there'll be lots of factors as to why but most likely to be a more comfortable style of play for the players. 

4 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I doubt that'd be the case, they might improve under a new manager and there'll be lots of factors as to why but most likely to be a more comfortable style of play for the players. 

Yes, no doubt that there will be some increase in levels under the new bos.....it happens at every club at every level. I'm thinking more about the likes of Morelos, Lundstram, Tav, even......if they suddenly start performing at last season's levels then they are culpable. Injured players too. Will be interesting to see how many 'suddenly' clear up!! 

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yes, no doubt that there will be some increase in levels under the new bos.....it happens at every club at every level. I'm thinking more about the likes of Morelos, Lundstram, Tav, even......if they suddenly start performing at last season's levels then they are culpable. Injured players too. Will be interesting to see how many 'suddenly' clear up!! 

I agree that'll happen but I'm not convinced the players chucked it I think it was just a terrible style of play that was being implemented that the players weren't comfortable with.

12 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I agree that'll happen but I'm not convinced the players chucked it I think it was just a terrible style of play that was being implemented that the players weren't comfortable with.

Yes, maybe. And hopefully you are right. It would have been an incredibly stupid thing for the players to do that. Hopefully just over thinking on my part!! 

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I said this much before he got sacked. I'll be raging with the squad if they suddenly start performing as they did last season for the new guy! Yes it will be great to see, but effectively they've chucked the league and Europe just because they didn't like the coaching? Unacceptable!! 

I doubt very much that they chucked it because of the coach.  They haven't looked as fit and the tactics have been awful the football mostly pedestrian.  The manager has failed due to his own management and to poor player acquisition.  The players haven't looked comfortable with Gio's tactics such as zonal marking.  He hasn't inspired the players or the fans.   

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just shows how much this squad are arseholes. Manager’s just got them to a Euro final, won them a cup and pre season’s just started and they’ve fucked him about. Cunts

I think most footballers are arseholes as not playing for a manager happens all the time 

3 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

The one thing I want the new manager to come in and do is look at the starting 11 with fresh eyes.

None of this picking players just because they are regular starters. The likes of Kent, Tav, Lundstram should not be undroppable.

Some might say it's harsh but I think it's time for a change of captaincy. Can't see who in the current squad deserves it though tbh.

12 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

The one thing I want the new manager to come in and do is look at the starting 11 with fresh eyes.

None of this picking players just because they are regular starters. The likes of Kent, Tav, Lundstram should not be undroppable.

Should definitely be based on performance but sometimes in football they play under performing players until they perform especially if there’s no one there capable of a decent challenge.