AGM 2022

JCDBigBear

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We need to push for reform of the AGM structure or we're just going to have people asking daft questions like this every year. It would be one thing is there was more transparency, access and accountability throughout the year but the board are essentially unscrutinised - other than by former board members engaging in unhelpful, self-aggrandising infighting. 

Board will push against it. Today was perfect for them. 

Was my first AGM. Bit wishy washy. Two presentations took up most of the time plus a pretty pointless chat with the manager. The questions were mostly critical but all batted away easily. Douglas Park got angsty with Club 1872 and, I think, they unfairly tried to give John Bennett a hard time. Covid guy, think it was @Assegai, got thrown out and more boos and catcalls than any of the board. Don't think the questions are hand picked. Folk just rushed to queue behind two microphones and vent their spleen. They kindly stuck on an extra "7 or 8 minutes" for more questions at the end but passed two of the extra three out to folk in the wheelchair sections, who asked about the disabled facilities. This might have been a ruse at the end. John Bennett spoke well and I thought Ross Wilson came across okay too :whistle:

Nothing about Greame Park. Disgraceful.

Park hailed as the saviour yet made the biggest shareholder and the fans shareholding group club enemy #1 while his son gets to keep on running things with zero due diligence or scrutiny.

I'd copy what @The Dudeand @STEPPS BOY    posted and say we are run like a local bowling club but that would be doing a disservice to bowling clubs.

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Park hailed as the saviour yet made the biggest shareholder and the fans shareholding group club enemy #1 while his son gets to keep on running things with zero due diligence or scrutiny.

I'd copy what @The Dudeand @STEPPS BOY    posted and say we are run like a local bowling club but that would be doing a disservice to bowling clubs.

Douglas Park in his gruff, surly style said he wanted to be close to Club 1872 but the NDA was the major issue. Said they need to sign it. Club 1872 said they will release later all correspondence regarding the NDA. 

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You a fan of club1872 then I take it?

2 minutes ago, don logan said:

Douglas Park in his gruff, surly style said he wanted to be close to Club 1872 but the NDA was the major issue. Said they need to sign it. Club 1872 said they will release later all correspondence regarding the NDA. 

Wants to be close but wants c1872 to sign a NDA? How are c1872 meant to talk to members about it then? 

Park fucking despises the thought of c1872 having any sort of say at boardroom level.

I think c1872 was a good idea that turned into a shambles with those running it. Doesn't mean that Park gets to bury them as much as possible along with the clubs biggest shareholder.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Wants to be close but wants c1872 to sign a NDA? How are c1872 meant to talk to members about it then? 

Park fucking despises the thought of c1872 having any sort of say at boardroom level.

I think c1872 was a good idea that turned into a shambles with those running it. Doesn't mean that Park gets to bury them as much as possible along with the clubs biggest shareholder.

What exactly has Park done to bury them

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I think the last guy heard 'ask the tough questions about Park' and got the wrong end of the stick. 

I've just noticed that the image of the proposed disabled development is a different plan to the one out out by the club last night,

Last night's had disabled fans in the Broomloan, Copland and Sandy Jardine stand

image.png.b0f5f395fe1cb3f85d9d8bf2aadc7f4e.png

but the one presented at the AGM has two sections of 900 in the Broomloan and Copland with none in the SJ.

image.thumb.png.b407f9c9cb653a3d81f05672986b86c3.png

I’m not really surprised by the AGM outcome, it’s par for the course, and I don’t think any of us are really that shocked at the lack of scrutiny. Hard hitting questions need intelligent hard hitting individuals delivering them. We have plenty of those guys, but seemingly no wants to step up when it matters most. Perhaps facing the board is an intimidating prospect for a lot of people, I know I couldn’t do it, I would probably get too flustered and start cursing like a madman.

13 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Not long back from the AGM.  2 presentations and a Q&A with Beale took up most of the time. The general questions were mainly pish as usual. Wilson got a bit of criticism about recruitment. 

did they sort your issue on the car park though mate