Where does the gaffer look to strengthen in January

Given time I think the gaffer will definitely improve us but I think he will need backed in January......to what extent only the board will know but left back for me is an area I would like to see addressed,  hopefully January brings in a few new faces that add strength to the first 11 

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Bluenose said:

Given time I think the gaffer will definitely improve us but I think he will need backed in January......to what extent only the board will know but left back for me is an area I would like to see addressed,  hopefully January brings in a few new faces that add strength to the first 11 

Central midfield and a right sided attacking player for me. Potentially a reliable centre half, but central midfield is a priority, as is moving a few players on.

Left back is probably one of the few positions we are ok in tbh. We have Yilmaz and a world cup semi finalist in Borna.

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Bluenose said:

It would probably be easier stating where we don't need to strengthen. 

If you think it's only LB that's priority then you've been living in a bubble recently. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Bluenose said:

With all due respect, MB isn't the gaffer. Gonna no call him that? Walter Smith was the gaffer mate. 

Back on topic, I hope MB puts his foot down and doesn't let our incompetent DoF decide future signings.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I had put goalkeeper in the post and then took it out because clearly that won’t be happening in January. Should have happened in summer and didn’t, so there’s no way it happens mid season 

You're right, it won't happen.

A brand new goalkeeper going straight into euro qualifiers as first games has disaster written all over it though, and that's an expensive gamble for the club.

So much of our season's revenue is front-loaded into those first few matches.

7 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

You're right, it won't happen.

A brand new goalkeeper going straight into euro qualifiers as first games has disaster written all over it though, and that's an expensive gamble for the club.

So much of our season's revenue is front-loaded into those first few matches.

Well unless we somehow win the league this season we are going to have those qualifiers again, and the keeper issue needs addressed 

I hate January windows but in an ideal world then -

In: Any and all of the following need strengthened. GK, CB, CM, RW, F

looking at the end of the season -

Out: Depends to a large extent on who kicks on under the new gaffer. Some under performers under Gio may well be mainstays under Beale. Definite outs are Davis, Arfield and Shagger at the end of the season. Kent and Alfie I wouldn’t break the bank to keep. 

A genuinely creative Central Midfielder and a solid Centre Half pairing have been our biggest problems so far this season. Whether MB can get a tune put of the players in the squad on that front remains to be seen

I don't think a keeper is our priority just yet, yes we need one for net season but if our defence get their act together then our goalie will be less exposed, especially at cross balls and set pieces