Kent

Number5

Getting rid would probably hand them next years title on a plate. But I wouldn’t put anything past Wilson.

Kent is the least of our worries. Let’s see if we can actually sign the 4-5 quality players we need on a shoestring budget. Before pretending we’re Real Madrid and we can do better than Kent on a free.

49 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Renew all day long.

He is a fucking incredible player for our level of football and there is zero chance of bringing in anyone half as good without spending serious money.

I think he has fantastic talent but just doesn't show it enough for me, probably go somewhere else and be a superstar. 

He stepped up today where others like Morelos and Tillman failed us. He lacked quality at times, but didn't hide and was again our danger man.

We're over reliant on him which is a criticism of many others including Wilson.

I'd keep him but like so many of them don't really care if they go.

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I think he has fantastic talent but just doesn't show it enough for me, probably go somewhere else and be a superstar. 

You would need to spend multimillions to sign someone better so for me it's an absolute no brainer to re-sign him at whatever a week he wants.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You would need to spend multimillions to sign someone better so for me it's an absolute no brainer to re-sign him at whatever a week he wants.

He has me all over the place tbh, would I break whatever wage structure we have over him,  no for me 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Aye. To replace him with a better player + fee + wages would need to be Alfredo levels of scouting for it to be worth letting him go, which it doesn't feel we have. 

He's frustrating as fuck man, but seems Beale is getting a tune out him, would be very tempted at a new contract for him.

Alfredo's times up tho.

Was he worth our initial outlay? I'd say no. Would I want to pay him more than he is currently getting? Fuck no. He already gives a poor return on what he is being paid. 

Id be selling him and morelos in Jan and bring in players who actually want to play for the shirt 

18 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye. To replace him with a better player + fee + wages would need to be Alfredo levels of scouting for it to be worth letting him go, which it doesn't feel we have. 

He's frustrating as fuck man, but seems Beale is getting a tune out him, would be very tempted at a new contract for him.

Alfredo's times up tho.

Disagree on that though see where you're coming from.

10 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Was he worth our initial outlay? I'd say no. Would I want to pay him more than he is currently getting? Fuck no. He already gives a poor return on what he is being paid. 

Id be selling him and morelos in Jan and bring in players who actually want to play for the shirt 

Fuck off mate :lol:

33 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Getting rid would probably hand them next years title on a plate. But I wouldn’t put anything past Wilson.

Kent is the least of our worries. Let’s see if we can actually sign the 4-5 quality players we need on a shoestring budget. Before pretending we’re Real Madrid and we can do better than Kent on a free.

I don't think you understand how this works.

24 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I wonder whether he’s the one who wants more money or he’s the one who just isn’t signing because he wants away 

Probably doing a Goldson, waiting to see who comes in and the money. If they don't and we are the only option he will stay here.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

It's not our decision to make. If Kent decides he's going, there's nothing we can do.

Haha yes obviously. The debate is whether we should offer him a new contract or not (and how much to offer). Some want him moved on.

If he wants to leave it’s all irrelevant. 

Other than chasing money, and I wouldn't necessarily blame him for that given it's a short career and he's never staying in football beyond playing, I think he'd be mental to leave.

He's now under a manager who knows him as a player as well as he knows himself, has confidence in him, and will play to his strengths.

Why give that up to find himself in a lower end EPL team spending 80% of his time pressing and tracking back?

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Haha yes obviously. The debate is whether we should offer him a new contract or not (and how much to offer). Some want him moved on.

If he wants to leave it’s all irrelevant. 

They've both been offered new contracts and haven't signed them. They both should have been sold in the summer.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Other than chasing money, and I wouldn't necessarily blame him for that given it's a short career and he's never staying in football beyond playing, I think he'd be mental to leave.

He's now under a manager who knows him as a player as well as he knows himself, has confidence in him, and will play to his strengths.

Why give that up to find himself in a lower end EPL team spending 80% of his time pressing and tracking back?

Because playing against the likes of Arsenal, United, Liverpool etc twice a season is more appealing than playing in Scotland.