Kent

Number5

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Because playing against the likes of Arsenal, United, Liverpool etc twice a season is more appealing than playing in Scotland.

Fair comment.

It depends what you want from football though, Laudrup (obviously not comparing them as players) could have gone much earlier to do the same but stayed because he found a home where he could have freedom and play how he wanted to play.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fair comment.

It depends what you want from football though, Laudrup (obviously not comparing them as players) could have gone much earlier to do the same but stayed because he found a home where he could have freedom and play how he wanted to play.

Back then we had some of the best players in Britain. Changed days from them when you have roasters like Sands and Matondo in your team.

One million percent keep. At the same time I'd also like to upgrade on him or bring someone in to challenge him. I think with better and more creative players around him he would improve also. I actually think he'd thrive playing with them for example. 

Ultimately we need more out him like today but it makes no sense to me to let him leave for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Back then we had some of the best players in Britain. Changed days from them when you have roasters like Sands and Matondo in your team.

I get that but the difference between the two leagues was roughly comparable (albeit obviously we'd have been more competitive against any EPL side than we would be now).

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Aye let's pay him whatever he wants to put in one decent performance every 3 weeks or so...  So no you fuck off mate. 

His goals return is a horror show 

It's about the here and now, he's been excellent since Beale came in.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I get that but the difference between the two leagues was roughly comparable (albeit obviously we'd have been more competitive against any EPL side than we would be now).

I don't know if it was. Most of the EPL was dross at the time. The money now means every club can comfortably outspend us, and the standard is far higher as a result. Scottish football has gone backward in that time.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

One million percent keep. At the same time I'd also like to upgrade on him or bring someone in to challenge him. I think with better and more creative players around him he would improve also. I actually think he'd thrive playing with them for example. 

Ultimately we need more out him like today but it makes no sense to me to let him leave for nothing. 

If he stays he’s probably going to be our highest earner (or very close to it) so wouldn’t have thought we’ll look to bring in somebody else playing the same position

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's about the here and now, he's been excellent since Beale came in.

I wouldnt say excellent, he has improved (wouldnt be hard) but he still doesn't look like a 7m pound player. In an ideal world yes id tie him down to contract with the intention to get him back to his best and sell on however it is clear he isnt going to sign so we are as well getting what we can in January than lose him for nowt. 

If we are honest he hasn't done enough over his time here to justify a new deal. Should have been moved on after Seville when we could have got a fee for him and his stock was high. Last 6 months will have done untold damage to his value and reputation. Scored some goal today as well but it's too little too late. Doesn't do it near enough. 

11 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Playing better under Beale but I would still accept any decent offer this month as long as it was being reinvested properly. 

We will get fuck all for him with 6 months on his contract. 

sign him up. ASAP and if he turns it on for the remainder of the season we can reevaluate then. 

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

We will get fuck all for him with 6 months on his contract. 

sign him up. ASAP and if he turns it on for the remainder of the season we can reevaluate then. 

He won't sign so not sure how we sign him up....

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You can't disregard a couple years of very inconsistent performances because he's looked a better for three weeks.

Boyd called it right, he never really has a bad game but yes he needs to improve his goal numbers.

As a player there is no one more talented in the league, so to take it back to the original post it's an absolute no-brainer to re-sign him.

Anyone arguing otherwise is simply wrong.

Re signing him is like getting him on a free transfer.

He's done my nut in plenty. But the boy has ability.

On top of that if we play out cards right and he does sign anew contract. Who in our squad would attract a bigger bid?

What he is able to do is apparent to us all. I'm hoping that Beale can unlock his application