Kent

Number5

Even when playing at his worst he tends to create a chance or 2 and has definitely looked better since Beale came in. 

I’d keep him and Beale will be doing everything he can to keep him. However given he’s available on a free, some parts of his performance will have impressed any clubs keeping an eye on him and we might not be able to hold onto him anyway  

Two questions for me. Is he worth the money for an increase for new deal and can we afford it even if he is worth it?

I think the answer is probably no on the first question and the board basically admitted at the AGM that the answer to the second is no.

In that case it’s probably best that we get something for him this month?

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think he’s found some decent form since Bealedozer came in 

Aye this , been poor all season but improved since Beale came in suggests it could be how he was used beforehand . 

Jury still out for me , and see how he does from here on in . Good performance today I thought . 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Two questions for me. Is he worth the money for an increase for new deal and can we afford it even if he is worth it?

I think the answer is probably no on the first question and the board basically admitted at the AGM that the answer to the second is no.

In that case it’s probably best that we get something for him this month?

Imagine Beale would sign him up in a heartbeat and build a team around him.

We've seen a huge improvement In kent since Beales arrival. He's very much a marmite footballer. I really like him,, manage him properly and you have a star.

On his day he's a 20m footballer. 

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Imagine Beale would sign him up in a heartbeat and build a team around him.

We've seen a huge improvement In kent since Beales arrival. He's very much a marmite footballer. I really like him,, manage him properly and you have a star.

On his day he's a 20m footballer. 

To be a 20m player you have to have multiple days though and I just don’t think he does it enough.

It’s psychological with him. He’s the ultimate confidence player. If you can get him to find it within himself the yeah you have a player. 

But it’s a massive risk to give him an increased wage and build a team around him and he has another form slump for 20-30 games.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

To be a 20m player you have to have multiple days though and I just don’t think he does it enough.

It’s psychological with him. He’s the ultimate confidence player. If you can get him to find it within himself the yeah you have a player. 

But it’s a massive risk to give him an increased wage and build a team around him and he has another form slump for 20-30 games.

We're probably pretty much thinking the same mate.

I don't think we'll have a bigger individual threat for years to come. I dont think Kent wants to leave and Belaes a fan.

He's exactly the sort of player that our young fan base can idolise which is really important.

We'll see what happens.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's OK saying keep but he's walking fir nothing in a few months. His contract has by all accounts been on the table and he won't sign.

Personally I would get rid of just over his refusal to sign a new contract. Any cunt who doesn't want to be here can leave asap imo