Kent

Number5

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Can defo question his graft, infact its his graft thats let him down more than his ability a lot of times, plenty games he looks like he simply chucks the towel in

Like Gio chucked the towel in before the ECL group stages. You won't admit that though will you? 

4 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Have a day off. Enjoy his goal (even if it probably pains you to see him doing well in his new role.)

It's amazing ain't it. You play a good player like Kent in a role that he likes, he actually does well. Too many people on here don't want to see the guy do well. 

Considering we need a decent RW, then we get rid of Kent, watch people moaning when some diddy replaces him or Matondo gets that role. Perish the thought, and be careful what "you" wish for. 

Big improvement in RK these lsdt few weeks . 

The key questison is  does Beale know how to use him better than Gio or is it the bounce of a new manager . 

If it is the former , he'd be worth trying to keep so we don't have to go through what we're doing in the RW position these last few years and several players later . 

29 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Big improvement in RK these lsdt few weeks . 

The key questison is  does Beale know how to use him better than Gio or is it the bounce of a new manager . 

If it is the former , he'd be worth trying to keep so we don't have to go through what we're doing in the RW position these last few years and several players later . 

Its 100% the former.

Kent was excellent yesterday, the biggest frustration with him is we all know he has the ability so it makes it harder to accept when he doesn't perform.

I think his biggest problem is he knows he's first pick regardless of form, if you look at that mob, their two best wide players didn't start yesterday, two that done us in September, I can't see any scenario where we do that with Kent and that in itself presents a problem.

I hope he stays and I think he will, unless he has a spectacular second half of the season I can't see him getting a move to the level of club that would suit him, where as another good European campaign up here and he'd probably attract a Leeds/Villa/Palace level of club.

I don't even know how much we could get for him this month, the optimist in me thinks £2m but it would probably be nearer £1m - I don't know if it would be wiser to sell and let the manager rebuild without him ASAP or make him pivotal in Mick Beale's initial rebuild over the next few months then have another massive hole to fill should he walk for free in the summer.

24 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think his biggest problem is he knows he's first pick regardless of form, if you look at that mob, their two best wide players didn't start yesterday, two that done us in September, I can't see any scenario where we do that with Kent and that in itself presents a problem.

To be fair that decision significantly weakened their starting 11, at least in one of the wide positions anyway. There was a moment in the game that Forrest got a mention and I actually said out loud that I forgot he was playing. 

Kent was excellent yesterday with his drive and his directness.

One minor criticism is that when he beats a player he'll turn and try it again instead of either passing or moving forward. He did that a couple of times yesterday and lost possession.

30 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Kent was excellent yesterday with his drive and his directness.

One minor criticism is that when he beats a player he'll turn and try it again instead of either passing or moving forward. He did that a couple of times yesterday and lost possession.

That’s his major problem. Decision making.

He let’s himself down after a bit of magic with the wrong pass or trying to cut inside again.

He’s so frustrating